x

Segmentation for Emails?

I'm new to the SquareUp app and wondering if there is a way to segment customers to enhance email campaigns. I'd like to be able to create groups based on things like items purchased, coupons used, etc. Anyone have any tips or insight? Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Adrea!

It sounds like you would be interested in the Customer Directory. This feature can be found on your Point of Sale app, as well as the Square Dashboard. You'd probably find the groups function useful. On the Directory you can create custom groups that allow you to move customers into that segment. You could create groups for all the examples you mentioned, but you would have to move the customer profiles manually. 

We do have smart groups that automatically segment customers based on predetermined criteria. You can adjust the smart group criteria on your Square Dashboard. These groups mainly center around visits to your business. The group types are lapsed, regulars, loyalty enrollees, nearing a loyalty reward, and instant profiles. 

If you still have questions please feel free to reach out to me! 🙂

Message 2 of 4

Hi Chad,

Thanks for your response. So just to confirm, if I wanted to view a group of customers who have purchased a specific item, I would have to manually add them to the group when they purchase the item?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4

That's correct @Adrea

It sounds like you have a good grasp on how it works, but if you still have questions feel free to @ mention me. 🙂

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 4 of 4