x

Sale timed out

Hello Everyone, 

I tried to do a two tender transaction, but my the time the client fixed their credit issue for the second one, the sale transaction timed out.  

Does that mean the sale didn't through - I don't see it anywhere?

And/or, how do I void the transaction so the client's first tender, does not get charged twice?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @1Classylady!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Sorry to hear that your sale timed out. Are you able to locate the transaction here? That's where you'll see any canceled, voided, declined, or generally unsuccessful transactions.

Let me know.  

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

What's the amount of time before a sale times out and clears?

We do 95% card transactions, so when it's cash, it's rare enough people make mistakes.

Most commonly, they take the cash to the drawer before closing the sale and then forget to close it.

If the sale times out, we lose the information and the order doesn't get processed.

We have 7 ipads because we may be helping multiple people at once. We sell photos to groups/families and have several staff working at the same time. So it's possible an ipad may sit for a while before someone uses it again, increasing the chance the sale times out.

It would be nice if there was some kind of alert telling you the sale will timeout in 2 minutes or 5 minutes... 

Maybe an alarm on the ipad, though I know that means we have to make sure sound is on.

Maybe an email or text alert....  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Great suggestion @crystalimages I will make sure to pass it to our product team for their visibility and consideration.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4