x

Remove 'Suggestions' from Inventory Input page on web

I am adding items into inventory and 1/3 of the bottom of my screem is "suggestions" for items.  Nothing remotely to what we sell.  I have searched for a way to turn this off but as of yet haven't found a way.  It's very irritating and have a screen shot but don't see a way to attached to this thread.

This was not a problem previously with Square but now it is.  

Another note - I had to create this new account because trying to intergrade with Etsy trashed my Square account.  Even after disconnecting I was unable to put any inventory in.  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@Jinxzyleigh

Sounds likes you may want to try to add items on a web browser so the experience is a less clunky.

We'll probably need to get some more information as to what and how you are experiencing this.  If you can reach out to our Customer Success Team that would be amazing. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 2 of 6

I find it very irritating too. Has anyone found a solution to this?

I am new to Square, but I previously used Vend which is a more complicated/enhanced product. I can appreciate how this feature would be very useful to those that are new to platforms such as these, but for those that are more experienced, it would be nice to be able to free up (delete) this area of the Items screen and actually see the full list of inventory items without having to scroll through the tiny box allotted.

Suzan
Message 3 of 6

This problem resolved itself after I entered my 8th inventory Item... the "Suggestions" area at the bottom of the page magically disappeared and I am now able to see a complete listing of all items. 

Suzan
Message 4 of 6
Admin

Thanks for sharing your experience on this @RedLineSuzan

There's not a way to remove those suggested items, but I can see how they can be in the way when you're trying to create your library with items you know for sure that you want and need. I'll make sure to continue to pass this feedback along to our Product team, because you're not the first to bring this up!

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 5 of 6

I agree with this complaint... I've only got a few items in my inventory, but that window is abbreviated, showing only one item, while taking the bottom half of the screen real estate with "suggestions"... so annoying.

Message 6 of 6