x

Please help me with customized check template for printing payroll checks

ok so I decided to order blank check paper for my business after years of hand writing them for my few employees. I use square payroll and went to "print checks" and it doesn't print my bank or personal info. Frustrating! so now I need a template to customize and print on my blank check paper. Is this something i can arrange in my settings? I spend HOURS trying to find a customizable template online. I think is SOOO stupid that square doesn't just print a complete check! I pay quite a bit of money for payroll an just decided to purchase blank check paper for streamlining payday, and now it doesn't even work. Please tell me I'm just mistaken and there is an easy solution. 

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Champion

Printing payroll checks doesn't work like that.  You start with a check that is printed using the standard format of DLT104.  The MICR line is printed by the check printer using magnetic ink which you can't do at home.  the bank account info and routing numbers are read by magnetic read rather than visually when you take a check to the bank.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5374-square-payroll-for-employers

" With Square Payroll, you can print paychecks on check stock type DLT104. To pay team members with printed paychecks:

1. Purchase compatible check stock type DLT104. These can be purchased from Staples or Compucheck, among others. Please note: The check stock needs to be customized with your business and bank information. This information will not be included on the PDF generated by Square Payroll."
Message 2 of 12
Square Champion

Is there a way to adjust the location of printing of payroll checks?  I use quickbooks compatible checks and the check printing output from square shifts the text down a few mm and has the text running through the middle of some of the lines.  Is there a way to fix that?

Message 3 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vinesandrushes!

I moved your post to an existing thread in the Community on proper Payroll check templates.

See VanKalker's post above for more details. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 12
Beta Member

I had the same issue @vinesandrushes .  When you print your checks make sure under your printing options to select actual size under page size and handling.  That corrected the issue for me.

Message 5 of 12
Beta Member

Would it be possible to adjust the check format to be able to use window envelopes? 

We have 25 employees across two business and we use square payroll.  It works really well, especially with printing directly to check stock.  The downside is that we still have to address the envelopes individually by hand.  

Message 6 of 12
Admin

@gormana99 This is currently a feature request, but I understand how this could be useful and I will share the feedback with our team. I've also merged your post with an existing thread so we can keep all these requests in one place. Thank you!

AshleyK
Message 7 of 12
Beta Member

Thanks for the update @AshleyK!  I am glad square is listening.

Message 8 of 12

Has there been any change to adding the name and address line so we can use the window envelopes?  Envelope 91663 is needed but the name and address do not print in the lower window. 

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hi @jfronk! This is still a feature request at this time. Thank you for asking and please let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 10 of 12

Hi - still a feature request almost 2 years later?  Please do what you can to elevate this request!

Message 11 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @dlwilladsen

Appreciate you checking in on this Payroll Feature Request. If you have some time could you head over to our Ideate area of the Community to add this Feature Request? 

There has been some restructuring of this process to make it more stream-lined to our Product Team to move forward in the best direction. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Kassi
Message 12 of 12