x
Square Champion

Moving inventory from one business location to another business location

Hello everyone,

We need to accurately record the movement of inventory between our two business locations, which happens frequently. Can anyone advise what the procedure is in Square to move inventory from one business location to another business location? I hope there is some kind of 'transfer inventory to location' option in Items somewhere.

We use Dashboard in the Chrome web browser, Terminal and the Android apps, Square POS, Invoices and Appointments. We are subscribed to Square Retail Plus.

Thank you  

Alex Jessey
Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Admin

Hi @amjessey, thanks for your post 🙂 

With Square for Retail Plus, you have access to Inventory Plus, which allows you to transfer stock between your locations. 

You can transfer individual items or move your inventory in bulk – quickly and easily.

Navigate to Items & Orders > Items tab of your online Square Dashboard.

Click Actions > Transfer Stock. From here you can begin your stock transfer.

Select both the source and destination locations.

Choose the items to transfer and enter the transfer quantity. Take note of the current source location stock levels to ensure you have enough stock to support the transfer.

Click Complete Transfer.

Once you complete the transfer, you can view the order information at any time – including location details, product name, date and time – all from your History log. Each transfer is assigned a unique transfer number to help identify past transfers.

To filter your history to only view item transfers, click All Adjustment Types > deselect all filters except Transferred.

Let me know if this information is helpful. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 5
Square Champion

Thank you @Breffni, yes, that is helpful. I will run some tests.

Regarding the general point of locating specific articles for one's needs, in this instance I searched Resources but could not find any information easily. To make things easier for sellers is a full index of all support articles available on Seller Community and if not, can one be published? Sometimes, an index is a lot more useful than a search tool or table of contents can ever be. 

Alex Jessey
Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

I contacted Support and around the same time they gave me this link: https://squareup.com/help/gb/en/article/5957-inventory-plus

Alex Jessey
Message 4 of 5
Admin

The support article our support team provided you with would be the best place to reference @amjessey

I had a look but couldn't find anything more specific or detailed, unfortunately. The best option here would be to run a couple of tests with one or two items, before making any big changes. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 5 of 5