x

Is the next day transfer option free?

Hi 

I'm new to square. Is the next day transfer the free deposit option? And do I need to notify my bank so my business name on square matches my bank account? I added my card/bank info in and verified my bank account through square. Thanks for your help! 

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

The next business day option is the standard transfer schedule. You only pay an extra fee for the instant transfer.

Your business name will appear on your customers credit card statement as "SQ* Your Business Name"

if your bank account has been verified by square you should be all setup and ready to go.

[This post was updated by moderator in 2019 to reflect a name change - deposits are now called transfers.]

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Champion

Best Answer

The next business day option is the standard transfer schedule. You only pay an extra fee for the instant transfer.

Your business name will appear on your customers credit card statement as "SQ* Your Business Name"

if your bank account has been verified by square you should be all setup and ready to go.

Message 2 of 12

Ok great thank you!

Message 3 of 12

Even Square said I was ready on all the screens and website. It did not work. The instant deposit didn't and now the next day didn't. 

Message 4 of 12
Square Champion

I'll assume since you're posting on Saturday that is when the next day transfer didn't happen.  Friday's transfers will happen on the next Monday, as will Saturday and Sunday's transfers due to bank hours and the weekend.  The only time Monday deposits don't happen is because of a holiday on Monday (like today's Memorial day) so that will then be transferred on Tuesday.

Here's a link to a page explaining the deposits.  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5438-next-business-day-transfer-schedule

Message 5 of 12

I seem to be charged even though my account settings are on the free one and I can't get an answer from SQ Customer Service regarding this issue - [Redacted]

Message 6 of 12
Alumni

Hi @FTLMessengers - Can you tell us a bit more about the product you are using so we can look into fees for you? 

As a reminder, we ask all members of the community abide by our Etiquette Guidelines, which include being respectful. I've had to redact part of your message so please refrain from using language like that in the future when posting. Thanks for your understanding. 

Message 7 of 12

Square Up - I sell services not products.  I took the percentage Square charges and put that into my tax bracket line in the invoice so it calculates automatically.  

I am also enrolled in the FREE next day deposit option.

Once the Invoice is paid the percentage is removed but once the money is deposited on the FREE next day option they subtract different amounts so I don't actually receive what I am supposed to get paid.

Message 8 of 12
Square Champion

an example would help but I think I know where your problem is if I understand what you said you are trying to do.

It sounds like you are trying to add the Square Credit Card processing fee to your client's invoice.   IF that is correct you have to enter the correct amount into the invoice if you want your original total to be what is deposited.

It is because you are taking 2.9% of the additional money added also, so you have to take into account for that too. 

if you invoiced $100

$2.90 for CC charge

$.30 for invoice fee

$.08 for the CC charge on the $2.90

so take your total you want to net. Times it by 1.0298 and add $.30. Your net after fees should be what you want. 

In the case of $100, $2.98 + $.30 would need to be added on the invoice to cover the fees that square would take netting you exactly $100

Also be aware that adding the credit card fees to a customers bill is illegal in many states.

Message 9 of 12

So when taking payment via square: and i have a business account linked to it, it is deposited directly into that account within 1-2 days correct? 

Message 10 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Levisdetailing and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to a relevant thread in the Community around our normal next business day transfer schedule.

See the answers above for more details but yes- you are correct on the 1-2 business days. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 12

How do I change my account setting from Instance to the next day?

Message 12 of 12