x

Delted Items

I have items that I deleted in my Square POS that transferred from Faire because I rebuilt them with options. Can these items be completely deleted from the system? I think they're giving me bad data on my Cost of Goods Sold.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

@3heartnsoul I don't know if I understand what you mean by completely deleted. Where are you seeing these deleted items? 

One thing I would possibly try doing for future is editing the item Faire imports to your point of sale instead of creating new items. 

Unless I am understanding you wrong which is absolutely possible.

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 2 of 5

Thank you very much for the reply. That's what I should have done with the Faire. Now it looks like I had double of everything even after I deleted it. It makes my overall COGS look negative.

Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Oh okay. Yeah maybe just begin editing the faire items for the rest of this year and figure out your COGS by hand. (as annoying as it may be) And next year you'll have a better idea of your COGS with editing the faire items they add into the systemfor you. Im sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 4 of 5
Square Champion

One suggestion I have is to turn off auto syncing with Faire. In theory it's useful but in practice I find each company has really wonky approaches to SKU's/item numbers/etc. I typically manually enter anything I order especially off of sites like Faire to avoid complications.

As for your reports unfortunately once you've received the item via Faire and then reentered it manually you'll have to manually account for the double "receiving".

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 5 of 5