x

Is state tax automatically pulled from each transaction and sent to my state or do I keep track?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: State tax 

When I put in the state tax into square which is 7.6% when I make a transaction is the state tax automatically pulled and sent to my state or do I keep track of that??

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Square does not submit your sales taxes to your state authorities.  You need to keep track of it and send it in yourself.  Fortunately, there's an easy way for you to keep track of it.  From your Dashboard, click on 'Reports'.  Near the bottom of the next screen, click on 'Taxes', then use the date selector field to specify the date range you're interested in and you'll get a breakdown of all of the sales taxes, broken down by the way that you have set them up (state, city, county, etc).

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Best Answer

Square does not submit your sales taxes to your state authorities.  You need to keep track of it and send it in yourself.  Fortunately, there's an easy way for you to keep track of it.  From your Dashboard, click on 'Reports'.  Near the bottom of the next screen, click on 'Taxes', then use the date selector field to specify the date range you're interested in and you'll get a breakdown of all of the sales taxes, broken down by the way that you have set them up (state, city, county, etc).

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 2