x

Importing Items from Clover

I have spent two days trying to import my inventory from Clover to Square. I have followed all the steps, and continue to get error messages.....I am ready to tell Square to hit the road!

I was going to use Shopify, and actually imported all the inventory in the course of 30 minutes.

However my friend uses Square and swears by this system. I do not like the "Chat Box", nor the fact that you cannot get to a live person. The customer service stinks.  Shopify has called me five times over three days to make sure things were going ok.

Has anyone been successful in importing from Clover to Square?? What did you do?

Thank you, Edie

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

It's me again. I have downloaded the template from Square and it is exactly what your headers are. I still can't import anything.

Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

Only thing I can say is when Importing new Items to Square make sure the Token Field is blank.  You should also be getting some kind of error when you are trying to import items to Square if there is a problem.  You have any error messages but you are not mentioning what they are.  How many items are you trying to import at once?  The other thing I did was Copy a column and paste it UNDER the heading in Squares Template of the same name, then keep doing that.  The other alternative is rename the Headers from Clover to Exactly what Square calls them.  I know there are sometimes very Slight differences and this could throw off the Header names for importing.  Amount and Quantity for example.  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 3 of 3