x

I want to charge users in their local currency - and receive payment in that currency

Hi I need to have multiple square accounts to cope with multiple currencies.

How do I open a US dollar square account? I'm a UK citizen based in the UK.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi. This was the response to another question relating to your query’

”To answer your question, a Social Security number is a requirement for a U.S. Square account, as well as a residence within the U.S. P.O. box addresses will not suffice this requirement either.

Cross-border card payments are unsupported at this time. So any card transactions attempted outside of the country where you activated your Square account can’t be processed with Square but you can accept cash transactions while traveling internationally.☺️

Another important thing to note when creating a U.S.  account aside from the aforementioned, is that you will need to link a U.S. transactional bank account. International banks outside the U.S. will not verify. “

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi. This was the response to another question relating to your query’

”To answer your question, a Social Security number is a requirement for a U.S. Square account, as well as a residence within the U.S. P.O. box addresses will not suffice this requirement either.

Cross-border card payments are unsupported at this time. So any card transactions attempted outside of the country where you activated your Square account can’t be processed with Square but you can accept cash transactions while traveling internationally.☺️

Another important thing to note when creating a U.S.  account aside from the aforementioned, is that you will need to link a U.S. transactional bank account. International banks outside the U.S. will not verify. “

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Hi @sellsy1 welcome to the seller Community! 

Yes, as Tony mentioned, this would not be possible for in-person payments, unfortunately. 

If you have a website and you accept a payment from an international card, the currency exchange will happen on the customer's side.

Let us know if you have any questions! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 3