x

How to set up Multiple Variation Sets

Hi, wondering if anybody can help.

i am trying to set up a website for beds. I am wondering if there is a way to set up variation sets rather than dump everything in one drop down.

i would need to add a separate variation set for storage, fabric etc which all come with their own additional cost.

I may be incorrect however i need each variation to be displayed with a image and it will also need to be input with the relevant additional cost.

if i was to put certain variations as options i wouldn't be able to put the relevant additional cost and an image unless i am doing something wrong. 

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @MUDE, I can see that this is your first post in the Seller Community, welcome aboard! We're delighted to have you. ☺️

I have just tested this on my account to see if this is possible, and this is what I did. You will need to start the process in your Square Dashboard:

1. Go to your Square Dashboard > Items > Create New Item.
  2. Under details, enter in the relevant information to the item you're selling. In this case, I named the Item Bed.
  3. Under Options, you can create different options for this specific product. You can add as many as is necessary. It should look like the screenshots below. 
    Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 12.38.36.png

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 12.40.24.png

4. Once you've selected the appropriate variations for this item in the Edit Item menu, you can then choose a set price for each variation (See screenshot below).
  5. Once, you've added the prices, click Save.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 12.45.33.png

Once you have completed these steps, you will then need to navigate over to your Square Online Overview page:

1. Go to Items > Site Items. 
  2. On the top right-hand corner of the screen, click Add from item Library and select the item you created in the previous steps and click Add Item.
  3. On the item list, click on the item you've just added. This will open up the Edit Item menu.
  4. Scroll down to Options and Pricing. Here you'll see the variations that you set up earlier.
  5. From the screenshot below, you can see that there is an option to add an image to each of the variations by clicking on the plus symbol. These are the image that will be displayed on your website. 
  6. Once you've added your images, click Save.

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 13.14.44.png

When you've finished following those steps, your customers will see something like in the screenshot below, where they will be able to select different options for the same product, as well as the different pricing. 

Screenshot 2022-05-26 at 13.19.40.png

I hope this answers your question. If there's anything else you need help with, please let me know! I'd be happy to look into it for you. ☺️

Message 2 of 9

Thank you for the welcome and thank you for the reply.

if i have a choice of 50 fabrics, choice of drawers/Storage,  bed size, i exceed the 250 variations. 

I've changed the options set for my fabrics to the colours layout but then i dont have the option to use my own fabric colours which i would upload in image format.

i feel this platform isn't ideal for somebody who has multiple variation products, in an era where we are moving vastly online, very disappointing to see the limitations from web building apps.

is there no way to simply have a choice of my own fabric choices in a selectable image format ? 

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 9

We thank you and appreciate your feedback, @MUDE. I hear your frustration. 

At the moment, having your item options in a selectable image format is considered a feature request. I can see why this would be useful for you and your business. Our product development team is constantly looking for feedback like this from our customers to improve our products. I'll be sure to share your ideas with them to take into consideration.  

In the meantime, do keep an eye out on the Seller Community. We regularly update our sellers with any new features and products here. 

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you. 

Message 4 of 9

Hi, Just a quick question on this one please, when i create modifiers, i can add a price in, is there any way i can add prices for each of my options so when it shows all available variations, the price is already calculated ?  

Message 5 of 9

I have variation options which are not available due to compatibility of the product, i have removed these variations however square is displaying them as out of stock, that isnt the case, its simply a variation that is not available, this would be misleading to customers and may cause an influx of queries as customer may want to know when the item will be in stock however the reality is its not an available variation, please advise.  

Message 6 of 9

Hi @MUDE, thank you for your questions, great to hear from you again. When you mean you'd like to add a price to your options, do you mean to the section in your items menu as per the screenshot below? 

Item Options.Item Options.

With regards to the variations that are incompatible with certain items but showing as out of stock, could you share a screenshot of how it is set up on your dashboard? This will help me find out why this is happening. Thanks!

Message 7 of 9

Hi, thank you for your reply, in response to your first question, thats correct, so lets say you are able to put a price in for each individual option/entity, bed frame material of wood, concrete and plastic and the price for single, double, king and queen, when it lists all the possible variations, it would be able to automatically calculate the price of that variation based on the individual option price. So if i put in a price somewhere for wood as £1 and bed base single £2, it would list single bed base made of wood as a available  variation for £3 automatically, i have products with over 50 variations, surely this can be automatically calculated by inputting the price for each option somewhere ? 

Message 8 of 9

Thank you for the clarification @MUDE, I get what you mean. 

So after playing around with my account it seems like it is not currently possible to add prices to individual Options at this time. But from what you have told me, I can definitely understand why it would make things a lot easier for you, especially if you have that many variations. I'll make sure to show this post to our product team so they can take it on board as feedback. 

As for the items showing as out of stock, the best option here might be to create two of the same items and apply the appropriate options to them. They'll appear twice in your inventory and may appear twice on your website, but this will allow your customers to select the item with the appropriate options, variations, and pricing. 

Let me know if you need anything else!

Message 9 of 9