x

How to Create a Discount

Hi,

I've set up a discount for customers who buy 5 of my product. The reduction is an amount of ยฃ1.50. I have applied the relevant items to the discount but when added to the cart it does not add the discount.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RoMelts! Welcome aboard the Seller Community! We're delighted to have you here. 

Just to clarify - are you creating a discount for in-person payments or for your website? 

Message 2 of 6

Hi @k_atie

Thank you for your reply, this is for my website!

Thanks,

Message 3 of 6

Thank you for clarifying @RoMelts, so if you are creating discounts for your website, you will need to do so from within your Square Online Overview page and create a voucher, instead of your main dashboard. To do so:

1. In your Square Online Overview page, go to Items > Vouchers or Shared Settings > Vouchers.
  2. Select Add Voucher.

You can also delete vouchers from the Vouchers page using the bulk editing method.

Note: Creating discounts from your Square Item Library wonโ€™t sync them to Square Online, as Square Online vouchers are meant for online use only. All discounts in Square Online are applied before tax and delivery rates. Additionally, your customers can only use one online voucher code at a time during checkout.

Learn more about creating online discounts with vouchers for Square Online.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 6

Hi @k_atie 

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it!

The one problem I see with the Vouchers (or Coupons I think they're called in the UK), is that I can't control the amount of the order. I can select orders over a certain amount but it doesn't allow me to define the quantity of the items the customer needs to purchase before they can take advantage of my discount in this case.

Is there no way at all to use discounts on online stores? That's shame if so!

Thanks aga

Message 5 of 6

Hey there, @RoMelts, just jumping in to reply while @k_atie is out of the office!

Currently, you have the option to apply the discount to orders over a specific amount, or specific items or categories. There isn't an option to apply discounts based on the number of items added to the cart.

The ability to sync your Point of Sale discounts with your Square Online site is currently a feature request that we're continuing to track here on the Seller Community. 

We recommend following along in the linked thread above in order to receive updates regarding this request. 

It sounds like you're all set up now but do not hesitate to reach back out to us with any further questions regarding Square Online Vouchers.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6