x

How do I transfer my domain to Square Online Store?

I’m looking to move my website from Shopify to Square. I have my domain registration with Shopify though, how do I move that over?

Message 1 of 71
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @tigerstore55-

If you wish to connect your existing custom domain registration from your old online stores you can do so with our Personal Plan. If your previous online store is connected to a custom domain prior to trying the new Square Online Store, the Personal Plan fee will be waived for a year starting at the date you publish your new site. After the first year, the Personal Plan will cost $6 per month per site.

To begin the transfer domain process, click this link and go to the transfer domain option.

If your previous online stores are connected to a custom domain, like wxyz.com, you’ll need to update the DNS settings for each custom domain to point to your new store. Please follow these instructions to update the settings for each custom domain. Your new online stores will not be live until you redirect your custom domains.

I hope this helps! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

I bought my domain through Zoho which was my first mistake, but i have had such a hard time trying to connect it to my square/weebly online store. When i try to look up my website it  still shows it in the in the Zoho format and not the new store i created with square. I think i need to change the CNAME on it but im not sure what to change it to. Please Help

Message 43 of 71
Admin

Hey @GrowingSeason I've merged your post with an existing thread where Isabelle may have answered your question already. Please follow the steps in her post, but if you still have trouble, absolutely let me know and we can keep working on this. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 44 of 71

I created a domain name thru square and had to buy an annual subscription to do so. Now when i try to connect domain its says i have DNS issues and pretty much im on my own to try and figure it out. Square offers point to codes but i have no idea where i would even go to try and update my domain. No customer support. Is there anyone who care help??!!

Message 45 of 71
Admin

@Jlynnmiller Check out the Best Answer on this thread.

It should get you where you need to be!

nika
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 46 of 71
Beta Member

I've been trying to transfer my domain from Weebly to Square for almost a week. My website is all set and ready to go - but I can't figure out where to transfer my DNS domain settings. I get booted out of Weebly and sent to Square when I start looking around. I sent a question to support a few days ago and haven't heard back. Anyone else having trouble with this?

Message 47 of 71
Admin

Hey @muse2320!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread. You'll find some links to reference, and comments from other sellers that will hopefully be of help. Let us know if anything else comes up or if this does not answer your question. 

Square Logo
Isabelle

Message 48 of 71

Message 49 of 71
Admin

Hey @PlatinumThunder-

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread for some insight into how to transfer a domain name. 

Square Logo
Isabelle

Message 50 of 71

I need to change my DNS settings but I'm stuck. Can anyone help me figure this out. 

Message 51 of 71
Alumni

Thanks for posting @OverYonder1!

Does this thread help? I've merged you so you could see. 

Justin
Message 52 of 71

I transferred my domain. It says I need to switch my DNS settings. My domain isn’t on go daddy anymore it already transferred off. How to do through square? Has anyone else had this problem? My site isn’t working at all now until it is fixed. 

Message 53 of 71
Alumni

Hi there @Botticellicurls - sorry to see trouble brought you to the Seller Community! 

This guide should help you connect your domain properly, and if you need more information about your DNS settings on the Square side, this page is your best source of information. If you need some one-on-one help, please don't hesitate to get in touch by phone! ☎️ 

Valentina
Message 54 of 71

Is there a setting somewhere to change this? I did everything that was asked and paid the $12.00 fee for this.

Message 55 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @redbirdtom

I have moved your post over to a thread where other sellers have had similar question and situations whenever they try to transfer their domains. This thread will provide you with steps and other resources to use. 

Check out the Best Answer from Isabelle - to get to the bottom of this issue with transferring your domain. 

Kassi
Message 56 of 71
Beta Member

I eventually had to request help. There was a point that the transition was out of my control. Hit up the conversation box! That how I finally made my way through...

Message 57 of 71
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for stepping in here to share what worked for you, @muse2320! We appreciate you!

For anyone else with visibility here, just a quick reminder that you can reach our Support Team here at any time. Cheers!

Joe
Message 58 of 71

Where is the conversation box at?

Message 59 of 71
Admin

Hey @redbirdtom!

What do you mean by conversation box? Let me know so I can be of help! 🐦

Square Logo
Isabelle

Message 60 of 71

I am trying to connect a domain purchased from Wix, however, I contacted Wix support, and informed me that I need a CNAME record to change it on the domain host, but I wasn't given it.

Would I need to delete the below, for it to work, or keep it as it is?Screen Shot 2020-11-10 at 12.04.19.png

Message 61 of 71
Admin

Hey @mennashawky🌟

Please take a look in this thread and at this Support Center article. Those instructions will help you with the transferring of your domain.

Is that screenshot from your Square Dashboard or from Wix?

Let me know if you continue to have issues. Thanks again! 

Square Logo
Isabelle

Message 62 of 71

Hey @isabelle thanks for replying!

The screenshot is from Wix, I did contact Wix Support Team, and they informed me that I need to change the CNAME record too, however, there was no information given to me to change that.

I've seen in other threads from Square, that we do not need a CNAME record, however, I'm confused as Wix and Square are saying 2 different things... So should I delete that CNAME record or use the same IP Address for the CNAME, although it specifies it's for the A name record

Message 63 of 71