x

How do I get customers to enter their credit card info online?

Here's the scenario: 

We are a comic book store. I want to embed a link in our customer subscription process so they have to submit their credit card info and we can charge them as their books come in. 

How can that be done via the CUSTOMER DIRECTORY, and is there a form customers can fill out online to provide all their relevant data including their credit card info?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hi @ApothSTL.  I can’t think of a way using the customer directory, unfortunately.  However, one Square option that might kill two birds with one stone would be Square Subscriptions, I think. You could allow your customers to both start their subscription and pay for it at one time.  And you could add the subscriptions/payment methods that you already have.

Of course you’ll want to review the help documents, starting with one I included above, to be sure.  But it sounds like it might do what you want.

If it doesn’t, I’d recommend going to the Square App Marketplace and seeing if a third-party developer has something you can integrate with your Square account.  Search for “Subscriptions” and you’ll see a number of intriguing possibilities.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Hi @ApothSTL if you're open to looking at using an integrated add-on to manage this let me know.  I founded Submatic (http://submatic.io/) to help retailers leverage subscriptions and we integrate with Square.  Our software can do what you're looking for.  

Here's a quick demo video showing how we work with Square: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqzviME9rCo

A couple of things to note: 

1. The video demo shows a wine club as an example, but the set up would be very similar for any type of business. 

2. We have various options that allow for different billing rules - including one where you can elect to bill your customers manually.  So you can still capture their cc info but then you decide when they are actually billed.

Let me know if you're interested in getting more information, thanks!

Message 3 of 3