x

How can I give someone an e-gift card code as a reward without having them to have to purchase?

I am doing a giveaway on my facebook page and was trying to give an e-gift card to my website but I have no clue how to get the code. Can someone advise?

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

I've thought about doing the same thing. It's likely that you will have to purchase said eGift card with real money, store those codes, and share them with whoever you like. Maybe I'm wrong, but I cannot figure out any other way of doing it. I wish there was a way that customers could purchase an eGift card as if it was a library item.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Thanks for your post @Weezie!

To give your customer an e-gift card for your business you would have to order and pay for it from your e-gift card order page (thanks @LocavoreStored!) 

If you enter your customer's email address as the Recipient of the gift card, they'll receive an email with the redemption code. This Support Center article has an image of what your customer will see when they receive their e-gift card

I also wanted to mention that it's also possible to run promotions with Square Marketing, and this includes sending vouchers and discounts to customers! 

If you have any other questions about this please let me know! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 3 of 5

@Helen Can I purchase a gift card and use the same email for both the sender and recipient (send it to myself)? 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hello! Yes, your customer should be able to enter the same email address for the sender and recipient. I've answered your question in more detail in this thread: Can a customer email themselves an eGift Card? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 5 of 5