x

Google Ads - Conversion Tracking - Code Snippet or Google Analytics

I am using Google Ads, and I would like to use the Conversion Tracking feature. Google Ads offers two options. Either insert one snippet of code on every page, and another snippet of code on the order confirmation page... OR... Use Google Analytics to import the tracking. 

Will either of these options work on my Square Store? How do I implement either, or both?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Alumni

You can embed code by heading to the Website page of your editor, then selecting Integrations. This will cover the entire site, but I'm not sure if this will be as granular as you need, since Google is asking for a snippet of code on each individual page. The embed code is inserted into the body of the site so it behaves a little different than adding it to header/footer.

I hope this helps, @vincentchiofaio!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I am currently running my very first google ad, and it keeps telling me I have x number of conversions, but I haven't had any. Is there a way to access my check out page, and put a snippet there? So I can get an accurate number of conversions? thanks

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @HerbalMagic

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Google Ads. To start, have you reached out to Google to see if there are any issues on their end? 

When it comes to integrations, it's best to check with the partner to rule out any problem areas. This is helpful since we cannot see into their system and can direct our efforts when digging a deeper into your issue. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 4 of 7

They want me to put it on the check out page, but I don't know how to access it, so I used the integration page, and put the code there. If there is another option, I don't know it, I'm waiting for them to reach back out to me.

Message 5 of 7
Square Community Moderator

@HerbalMagic

Ah I see! Perfect - let me know once you hear more information from them. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 6 of 7

I've heard nothing back from them. sigh....if you have any idea how to access the check out page, so I can put the snippet there, I'd much appreciate the how to. 

thanks

Message 7 of 7