x

Gift card redemption help

When ringing up a client why isnt there an easy way to redeem a gift card either plastic or online that that they don't have the numbers for? Why aren't these automatically linked th their acct???? How am I suppose to enter a 16 digit number that I don't have??? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Champion

Hello @Amysti !

You *should* be able to look up the customer info and link their name to the sale to use both physical and eGift cards. Add the customer and on the checkout screen use the Card on File link.

This will absolutely work with eGift cards. For physical gift cards, the card is linked to the name only if they have used electronic receipts or loyalty and Square has their personal info. If they haven't, I don't know of a way to link their gift card to the customer, and you may end up reissuing a gift card.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 5

There is no "card on file" link.

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

@Amysti 

Check to make sure the Card on File payment type wasn’t disabled. 
Point of Sale Menu -> Settings -> Payment Types. Look for Customer Card on File, enable this payment type. 

on checkout, you’ll either see it in the main screen or by tapping the Other line at the bottom of the list of payment types. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 5

I have a lot of trouble with clients "losing" the gift card. I have strict policies in place that if they don't have the Egift card number we are not able to redeem and they are responsible for the services. Also the search function in their phone mail always sucks when try to search for it too.

Message 5 of 5