x
Beta Member

Choose between "customer signs on device" and "customer signs on printed receipt" for each ticket

In Square Register, under Signature and Receipt, you can toggle between "Customer Signs on Device" and "Customer Signs on Printed Receipt". Is there a way to select the method of signature and receipt for each transaction?

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hello @Amanda_Bierock! I'm sorry no one's followed up with you. 

Currently we do not have the ability to select a paper signature versus a digital signature on the fly. I'll pass the feedback along to our Product Team, but the major credit card brands are moving away from the signature requirement. 

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Just replying to my own post in case that brings this up as a "fresher" topic since I haven't had any replies yet.

Message 2 of 5

Best Answer

Hello @Amanda_Bierock! I'm sorry no one's followed up with you. 

Currently we do not have the ability to select a paper signature versus a digital signature on the fly. I'll pass the feedback along to our Product Team, but the major credit card brands are moving away from the signature requirement. 

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Ok, thanks. I will look forward to that functionality being added, it would be very helpful. When using our Square Register we have it set to sign on device, but sometimes we are closing out tickets for folks sitting away from the Register (we run a bar/restaurant) and being able to select a printed receipt for signature and tipping would be useful. 

Message 4 of 5

Hello all. This is a VERY real topic for my business as well. Our restaurant does dine in and over the phone delivery where a printed receipt and signature is ideal and take-out/pickup where a receipt is not necessary where a customer is standing at the POS station. The ability to choose when a printed receipt is used or not would be an excellent feature. Just wanted to bring this issue to the front

Message 5 of 5