x

Cash drawer start and end

I've had the Square POS with and iPad air for 5 years now and I have never understood the start procedure for opening and closing the cash drawer.  We do not keep $$$ in the drawer overnight we only leave the change in the drawer and remove all of the bills the total that we start with in the drawer every day (cash and coin) is $100.  So when I come in to open I go to the POS, then to reports>start drawer but as you know the drawer does not open so that I can put the cash in the drawer.  I always have to use a key to open the drawer or go to the checkout screen and open the drawer from there.  Likewise at the end of the day when you are closing and counting down the drawer you go to>reports>drawer>end drawer and at this point it wants you to enter the actual amount in the drawer but you CAN'T cut the money in the drawer because the drawer does not open.  It will only open after you tap confirm END drawer.  Does anyone know of a video that covers this or are there written procedures somewhere?  I have looked on youtube and other places and nothing seems to cover this topic?  Any help would be appreciated, Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Heya @Deano!

I'd recommend reading through this Support Center article on Cash Drawer Management that goes over all this in full detail.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Ok, thank you I will give it a read!  🙂

Message 3 of 3