x

Can not manually enter payment on iphone.

I have always been able to manually enter credit card payments on my iphone in the Square app.  It is no longer is an option.  Can someone please help?! 

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MeAndMyStitches,

Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community! Hope I can help clear this up for you. From your settings, please make sure that you have "Manual Credit Card Entry" toggled on.

To get there, tap on  > Settings. Next, select Payment Types > Manual Credit Card Entry. As long as it's toggled on (should be blue), you'll be able to proceed with manually entering card payments.

Happy to help if any other questions remain.🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

I have gone there but it's disabled with no toggle on

Message 22 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @verifier

Welcome to the Community! 

Could you send over a screenshot of what this is looking like on your end? From what I can tell, you should always see that option available with or without a reader. 

Just to confirm, you're using the grey Point of Sale app - correct?

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 35

I am having trouble entering a credit card charge for a telephone sale. The manual option does not appear.

Message 24 of 35

Hi @ArroyoSeco and welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to a relevant thread in the Community that details how to enter a manual payment.

See Tom's best answer above for more details and links to walkthroughs. 

Ashley C
Message 25 of 35

I would like to speak to someone in regards to doing a point of sale manually

Message 26 of 35

Hi @WORLDQUESTDIGIT -

I moved your post to a board with similar questions. Check out the Best Answer post on how to take those manual payments! 

Kassi
Message 27 of 35

My manual payment button is toggled on. When I manually enter certain cards I can not enter the expiration date. It happens randomly sometimes if it’s a MasterCard, other times a Visa. If I try the same on a different IPad it works. I’ve tried with my own cards to make sure the numbers were correct. Anyone else experiencing this or know how I can fix it

Message 28 of 35

The title of this thread has been edited from the original:I accidentally deleted the manual credit entry on my app How do I get it back

How do I undo a deleted manual credit card entry on my phone app?

Message 29 of 35
Alumni

Hey there @reginaruthhearn! Tom can help you out on this thread. Look on page 1 for the best answer

Justin
Message 30 of 35

I disable QR code but now I want it back.  There is no toggle (there was an X to disable).  It will not drag either.  Please explain quickly how to re-enable it

Message 31 of 35

I have always been able to manually enter credit card payments on my iphone in the Square app.  It is no longer is an option.  Can someone please help?! The Settings section under payments show I should be manually able to accept but it is greyed on the payment section.  Please help. 

Message 32 of 35

Sorry to hear about the trouble here, @Gurba. Have you had a chance to update your app yet? If yes, it might be worth reaching out to our support team directly, who can take a closer look at your account, which is something we can't do via this public forum. Give us a call on 1-855-700-6000, Mon - Fri, 6am-6pm Pacific Time or reach out here.

PS. I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 

Message 33 of 35

I have similar issue but its not showing manual card entry when i am using POS Api from my app, I have selected .all in "

supportedTenderTypes", but if i am directly trying payment from Square app then it shows all but from pos api its not showing manual card entry. I had posted this question here :  - www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Using-Square/Square-POS-app-not-showing-Manual-Card-Entry-when-make-payme...

Message 34 of 35

Hey there @Stuk 

For API-related questions and issues, I recommend you visit our Developer Portal Forums.  You will find other Developers like you there that will be able to answer your questions and hopefully provide a solution to this situation.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

JJ
Message 35 of 35