x

Can not manually enter payment on iphone.

I have always been able to manually enter credit card payments on my iphone in the Square app.  It is no longer is an option.  Can someone please help?! 

Message 1 of 35
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MeAndMyStitches,

Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community! Hope I can help clear this up for you. From your settings, please make sure that you have "Manual Credit Card Entry" toggled on.

To get there, tap on  > Settings. Next, select Payment Types > Manual Credit Card Entry. As long as it's toggled on (should be blue), you'll be able to proceed with manually entering card payments.

Happy to help if any other questions remain.🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @MeAndMyStitches,

Thanks for reaching out to the Seller Community! Hope I can help clear this up for you. From your settings, please make sure that you have "Manual Credit Card Entry" toggled on.

To get there, tap on  > Settings. Next, select Payment Types > Manual Credit Card Entry. As long as it's toggled on (should be blue), you'll be able to proceed with manually entering card payments.

Happy to help if any other questions remain.🙏

️ Tom | he/him
Message 2 of 35

Geesh - so easy - thank you!  Not sure how it got changed, but it's corrected now.  Thanks a bunch!

Message 3 of 35
Admin

Glad that helped! Appreciate your patience—let us know if anything else comes up.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 4 of 35

I have someone having the same problem but when they go to settings to turn it on, its not an option. It doesn't even show up on their phone. They have tried deleting app and re downloading it too. 

Never mind, we got it to finally come up. Must have been a glitch.

Message 5 of 35
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @MeAndMySitches! Also hello to @jmr

I've gone ahead and merged your post with a recent thread regarding Sellers who were also having this same issue. This issue was impacting many Sellers who were manually entering transactions, but has since been fixed with a recent app software update. 

We recommend updating to the latest version of our software when you get the chance! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 35

My manual entry has been disabled, how do I reenable it?

Message 7 of 35

Payment types isn't on the menu under settings.  I don't see how to do a manual card entry anywhere on my iphone app.  Please advise.  Thanks

Message 8 of 35

Hi @RAllen- Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Payment Types will be located under >Settings, then >Checkout. Here, you'll see the option to toggle on the switch for Manual Card Entry.

I hope this information is helpful and is able to resolve your issue but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 9 of 35

I do not have a toggle.  How do I enable manual credit card entry.

Message 10 of 35

That’s my problem. I accidentally turned manual entry off and can’t get it turned back on

Message 11 of 35

I hit the x to the right of all payment types and it moved manual credit card entry to the bottom of the page. Not seeing how to toggle it on

Message 12 of 35

That’s problem can’t turn it back on says disabled payment types

Message 13 of 35

Hey @dpghair,

You can re-enable the payment types that are listed as disabled by dragging them up to "More Payment types". Please let us know how you go!

Message 14 of 35

It will not drag.  when I click on it nothing happens.  Need to re-enable the QR code. Please help asap.  Toggle was much better

Message 15 of 35

I am having the same problem. What was the resolution?

Message 16 of 35

I cannot drag it out of disabled manual credit card entry.  It does not move.

Message 17 of 35

Hi @jccolor - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Sorry to hear that you've run into some trouble taking a payment on your iPhone.

This sounds like a software issue, have you tried deleting the app from your device completely and reinstalling it? 

If not that would be a great first step for getting this back up and running for you. Otherwise, let me know- i'm happy to walk through this further with you. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 18 of 35

I am also having this issue on a newly downloaded Square app (deleted and reinstalled even).  Credit cards don't always work, or I may not be right in front of a customer.  Incredibly frustrating, especially since I was able to have this function available 6 years ago....

Message 19 of 35

Hello, @bonneywills - Welcome to the Seller Community.

Thanks for letting us know about your experience when processing manual credit cards. The ability to Manually Enter Card Payments Without a Square Reader should work at all times. At what point of the process are you seeing an error or having trouble? To better assist you, please provide us with more details.

You can also contact us directly for more one on one troubleshooting steps. 

We will be on the lookout for your reply. 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 20 of 35

I have tried that but my phone says manual entry disabled and there is no toggle on or off

Message 21 of 35