x

Can Square card readers identify individual sales reps?

We are going to have two sales reps in outside sales using square readers to process payments into one bank account.  Will I be able to identify their sales back to the  individual?  Thank you

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @Bhakti !

The readers themselves can't identify the reps, but the software can!

If you look at the reports section of your dashboard, you'll see a dropdown titled Filter By. Click that, choose device. A new box will appear above the sales chart. When you click on that, you'll see all the devices used to make sales on that reporting time period. If a device isn't listed here it didn't make any sales. Clicking the check box next to the device will show you that device's sales.

Since your mobile staff will be using their own phones (presumably), this device list will show you what each phone's unique name is (Joe's iPhone, etc.)

That's the quick and dirty way.

If you want, you can also set each salesperson up with their own login code using Team Management. On each device, configure it to require a four digit passcode in order to ring in a sale. On the reports screen, you can then sort by employee versus device. I recommend this way only because if someone borrows a phone or rings something in onsite the sale can still be attributed to that person.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Hello @Bhakti !

The readers themselves can't identify the reps, but the software can!

If you look at the reports section of your dashboard, you'll see a dropdown titled Filter By. Click that, choose device. A new box will appear above the sales chart. When you click on that, you'll see all the devices used to make sales on that reporting time period. If a device isn't listed here it didn't make any sales. Clicking the check box next to the device will show you that device's sales.

Since your mobile staff will be using their own phones (presumably), this device list will show you what each phone's unique name is (Joe's iPhone, etc.)

That's the quick and dirty way.

If you want, you can also set each salesperson up with their own login code using Team Management. On each device, configure it to require a four digit passcode in order to ring in a sale. On the reports screen, you can then sort by employee versus device. I recommend this way only because if someone borrows a phone or rings something in onsite the sale can still be attributed to that person.

Hope this helps!

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3

Thank you Ryan.  You totally exceeded my expectations.  

I will check out Team Management.  It sounds great to me.  

I may be back to ask more questions.

With gratitude.

Bhakti

Message 3 of 3