x

Allowing customers to opt-in to marketing when booking an appointment

Hi Folks, 

I'm using Square for Appointments and Payments. When using the Square Booking Page is there a way to add a checkbox to allow customers to opt-in to marketing when they book an appointment? 

I see other suggestions on this forum are too create a separate form/QR/website to collect this information. This seems counter intuitive when the user is already inputting this information to create the appointment. Hence an option to opt-in to marketing emails could be really useful here. 

Because of the above I now have close to 200 contacts who I am unable to market too using Squares built in marketing tools. This feels like lost revenue for Square as I'm now not going to pay to use that tool despite having the data. 

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @bfbe, thanks for your post! 

For the checkout page, (after booking) you would need to use the workaround in the other threads that you have found. 

However, you can create a pop-up banner that will allow you to collect email addresses from your customers to add them to your mailing list.

You can enable this from your Square Online Overview > Communications > Pop-Ups > Collect Emails. 

You can find more details here

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.50.43.pngScreenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.45.04.png

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Breffni thanks for replying!

Sorry If I'm being daft here, but would this pop-up only apply to a square website? 

My bookings are handled through the following -> https://squareup.com/appointments/book/{id}/{id}/services I don't see how I can apply the pop-up to this page? 

If I could raise a feature request I do think having an "Opt-in to marketing communications" checkbox on the /contact page when creating the appointment is a no brainer. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Taking over Breffni here @bfbe!

That's correct, you're only able to create and add the pop-up to a Square Online website, not the standalone booking page. Do you currently have a website or are you sharing your booking link directly with your clients?

The feature allowing customers to opt-in for Marketing on the booking checkout page is currently only available in the US. I've reached out to our Appointment team to confirm availability in the UK, and I'll get back too you with an update 🙂.

In the meantime, I also suggest filing the feature request on our Ideate board, which is monitored by our Product team. 

Message 4 of 6
Admin

Just wanted to confirm the feature is not yet available in the UK @bfbe. I don't have a timeline to provide about the release, but I'll be sure to let you know when it's out!

Message 5 of 6

Thanks for the response @Lou8

I do have a website, however this is for e-commerce and not appointments, so collecting user emails here wouldn't be ideal as I'd not be able to re-market to my in-person clients. They are typically sent directly to the square appointment page or book in-store. 

Is there a reason this feature is US only? I assume something along the lines of GDPR, however if the customer is opting in then I fail to see how this would break any GDPR rules. 

Whilst I appreciate your help I'm left in a situation where I cannot market myself to my own clients whose data I have collected and Squares response is "Ask them to submit it again via another form" which is really frustrating as the best chance I have of collecting this client data is when they make the initial booking via Square and not through a separate form on a different page/website. 

Message 6 of 6