x
Admin

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Hi Seller Community! โค๏ธ

I'm excited to announce we've expanded the Question of the Week board to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and United States. We're looking forward to hearing from sellers across the world ๐ŸŒŽ You may notice that when you reply in this thread, there will be a flag indicating what country you're located in! Community members from all countries are welcome to reply to Question of the Week, as it is an entirely international space ๐Ÿ˜Š 

This week's question is....

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

We can't wait to read your replies โœจ

Message 1 of 126
125 REPLIES 125

As I'm just starting out, my biggest goal is to make this sustainable and profitable!  I would love if I actually make a profit this first year.  I'm an online bookseller so my profit margins are lower than other industries but I'm hopeful that I've found my audience and am going to see growth soon!

Message 106 of 126
Square Champion

I ended up in this business because I lost my job. I was a Clerk/Treasurer of our local village. I LOVED. IT. I loved interacting with the constituents. If I could make their quality of life better: fill a pothole, help them with something.. my day was made. And then we had a change in Mayors and my position was appointed- so out I went, and in went the new mayor's pick. At the time I was devastated.. after having a taste of really helping people I knew I couldn't go back to a "regular job". The problem was, I didn't know the form of the help I'd give in a new role.

Fast forward a year of soul searching and following the breadcrumbs of what brought me happiness and my old mayor (an accountant) said- enough with the wallowing- make a business and I'll set up your new corporation for free.

I sat on my porch and meditated on what the business would be- and. all I could come up with was a feeling. People would walk in and feel comfortable- at ease- and they'd leave better than how they came. 

three years later- and that's the most important thing still- it's what we strive to achieve every day. As long as we are doing THAT.. we're golden.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 107 of 126

Greater customer base

Message 108 of 126
Square Champion

The most important thing I could achieve is having my customers be my biggest promoters. Not just to come because of a "deal" but because they WANT to. 

Luke Nieuwland
Owner/Operator
https://www.whiskyrun.com/
Co-Founder
https://www.lakeeffect.ca/
Message 109 of 126
Square Champion

Financial independence. Next most important is the ability to run my business the way I want instead of having to follow corporate guidelines 

Steve Green
Mountain Vapors
www.mountainvapors.com
Message 110 of 126

For a small business owner, I would like to take it to the next level for me. I want to focus on a brand image more than anything else. I am a huge fan of tech and providing the customer with a great experience using that and seeing my business automated. This is a huge learning experience.

I will be here reading other people's replies and learn whatever I can from them and their knowledge and especially experiences.

Message 111 of 126

Just to be successful 

Message 112 of 126

I would like to increase my profits from the business and build my retirement nest egg.

Message 113 of 126
Square Champion

increasing profit is always one of my goals!

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 114 of 126
Square Champion

I want to hire the right people to take on the overflow of clients and be able to keep them busy.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 115 of 126

Stability.  Not needing to worry about the rent, or being able to pay myself.  After that it's all gravy!

Message 116 of 126

I want to run an ethical business that is sustainable environmentally and financially and that allows me to have a good work/life balance. I want to help, not harm. ๐Ÿ’•

Message 117 of 126

My goal is to create at least 100 financially secure independent spa business professionals each year while elevating the spa industry with uniform standards and integrity.

Message 118 of 126

Growth both business and personally.  Financial freedom and the satisfaction that my clients love coming back.

Lara K Robinson
Message 119 of 126
Square Champion

I want my business to be able to support my future. 

Buy a house, have a family, be able to travel. 

Square Champion - Expert
Message 120 of 126

My goal is to grow our CBD brand. The plan is to have our brand in stores all across the USA. Getting into retail spaces as well as professional offices that would like to sell our CBD brand. 

Message 121 of 126

Definitely consistency and client satisfaction 

Message 122 of 126

Provide a great service. Build a good rep. Create wealth for solvency. Enjoy what I choose to do for a living. that it  

Message 123 of 126
Square Champion

Financial freedom.

I don't want to be scared to look at my credit cards at the end of the month. I don't want to be a millionaire. I want the business to earn enough to keep my staff busy, my bank account healthy, and my family with enough to enjoy our life!

Square Champion - Expert
Message 124 of 126
Square Champion

My bigger view personally is to make a well run business that is profitable and also is a place the employees can work and make a living, not just get buy that I can pass on to our next generation.

Trying to setup my 4 kids and their future families to all have a way they can make a living and also have the ability to expand if they want.  Having the Garden center is more than enough for 2 families to live of off and still pay employees $20+ an hour. then the other 2 can each take over one of the bakeries and make that a full or side job of just managing and there is plenty of opportunity to expand them into other regions.

Message 125 of 126
Admin

This is so beautiful @VanKalkerFarms What a dream to be able to provide for your family in a sustainable and substantial way like this 

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 126 of 126