x
Admin

What’s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? 💭

Hi Seller Community! ❤️

I'm excited to announce we've expanded the Question of the Week board to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and United States. We're looking forward to hearing from sellers across the world 🌎 You may notice that when you reply in this thread, there will be a flag indicating what country you're located in! Community members from all countries are welcome to reply to Question of the Week, as it is an entirely international space 😊 

This week's question is....

What’s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

We can't wait to read your replies

Message 1 of 126
125 REPLIES 125

My business is set up to raise awareness and funds for brain Cancer research.  I want to make a difference in the Brain Cancer space as currently 95% of patients diagnosed with Glioblastoma (GBM) die within 5 years of diagnoses.  My daughter fought for just over 3 years before she lost her battle at age 26.  You can read more about her here.  www.alyshasarmy.com.au 

Message 85 of 126

I will achieve notoriety for helping to reverse prison trauma and become the first decarceration center in this country. SisterHearts will be known around the world for educating society about the trauma associated with incarceration.

Message 86 of 126

For more people to hear about my business and what I do. I own and operate "Widner Handyman & Remodeling Solutions". I pretty much do anything and everything when it comes to remodeling, home repair, handyman services, etc.  I hope to earn more business and gain new customers.  Somehow by spreading the word and just getting my business name out to the public. Then let my work and reputation do the rest. I need to figure out a very inexpensive way to get my name out to my community. Also a way that doesn't take away to much of my time from doing the work and getting the jobs done. I am the only one running this operation from top to bottom. I need to use what little time I have wisely. 

Message 87 of 126

Straightforward communication with my customers, both existing and potential

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 88 of 126

A stellar reputation in all areas. 

Message 89 of 126

WE NEED FLORIST FORMS AND FLORIST BOOKING FLOWS

Message 90 of 126
Square Champion

I think you posted this on the wrong thread

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 91 of 126

no ihavent. i been asking for 2 years.. at this point ill just post it everywhere lol 

Message 92 of 126

I switched to Square from Clover. I was with Clover for 5 years. I was told Square was a better company, more efficient customer service reps, and had a lot more benefits for my company. The processing fees and swipe fees from Square and Clover were very close in price for each month. My biggest obstacle with Square is because we have multiple blue tooth Chip readers with remote locations and employees ; it is impossible for me as an owner to see the sales for each location/employee. In other words all 8 of my employees sales will be mixed together with no separation or tracking unless I pay for a "special" subscription from Square to the price of $35 per month extra. I did not have to pay with this with Clover. 

I really feel it is a basic need for a business owner to be able to view his employees/locations sales daily. With Square you need to "upgrade" and pay extra for that service. With Clover it is free!

What a deal breaker ! and now i have all these Square Chip readers i must send back.....

Message 93 of 126
Square Champion

Hi @NickCappelli    Yes I believe you can if you set up permission for each device via a device pin. I could be wrong but I have different points of sale for my Macbook or iPad. You could also set up notes I believe for each sale for each transaction.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 94 of 126

Hey @NickCappelli 

@ReginaRMT is right on track here.

You can Display/Filter your reports by Device, even if you don't set up Device Codes. Just by using separate mobile devices/registers, Square automatically tracks sales by each device.

And if you're using multiple Locations and Display/Filter your reports by Location too. 

Just head into your Web Dashboard, go to Reports, and on the same row as changing the Date, you can click on "Display By" and "Filter By" to see specific devices or "All Locations" to change to specific locations.

And of course all of that is no extra charge for those specific reports.

But if you have multiple employees accessing the same devices/locations and you want to see their individual sales, then yes, there can a subscription for that, depending on your permissions. I believe it only costs you extra if you are doing different permissions levels. If you just use one level of permissions for everyone, I believe that would be free. 

You can see the details of what’s included for free vs paid on this page:

https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/team-management/features

But I think the $35 a month for that is well worth it for all of the advantages of using Square, especially if you spent the time and effort and money to switch over.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 95 of 126
Square Champion

Thanks @pessosices I knew there was a way. I was wondering though if you had multiple employees use the same device you could have employee codes for each user of that same device, could you not? I think as long as you have the device listed in allowed permissions in your dashboard.

Maybe I'm making it more difficult than it has to be. The one reason I'm loving my terminal device. I can log in and all sales are under my name. I am the only one using it though so I don't know if that makes a difference but I do use a pin to access it.

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 96 of 126

@ReginaRMT - You can absolutely have different employee codes for different team members on the same device, but that’s when you start to get into Team Management territory where the subscription fee can start to kick in. 

If everyone is on the same permissions level, you should be able to use the free Team Management. I believe it would only charge you if you need different levels of permissions. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 97 of 126

thank you so much. i am new to square. i am not exactly sure what you mean but i am very interested to know more. Essentially, each employee/location has 1 blue tooth reader and 1 person. We have 8 total. I am looking to know what each employee/location does in Sales.? I am told the only way to get that 1 piece of information that i feel is pretty basic to any POS system is i have to subscribe and pay $420/yr????

Message 98 of 126

Hey @NickCappelli 

Check out my instructions in my earlier post - go to your web dashboard on a browser, go to reports, and you’re able to sort by location, device, employees, all for free. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 99 of 126

yes that is correct i can sort by "device" 

the new problem is that 2 of my employees have "Android" phones

and although their respective names are represented in each of their phones under setttings, about, etc 

For the purposes of Square their names do not come up under Device they both get funnelled into "No Device Name"

can you help?

Message 100 of 126

only 1 employee per device

i believe we all have the same permission levels

Message 101 of 126

To have more sales for my home based hobby business - handcrafted cards

Message 102 of 126

As a business owner I want to provide my customers with quality handmade creations that would keep them coming back to purchase again and again. I also want share my creations with a wider audience that appreciate the love and attention to detail I put in to each of my handmade artworks.

Message 103 of 126

i have taken your advice and i see under reports how i can track the sales for each person by "device" However i just spent an hour with customer service because 2 of my employees are using Android phones and Their respective names are not coming up on the report. Instead on the report they show as "No Device Name"

we have gone into the settings on their Android phone and changed the name of the phone to their first name so we can identify their sales on the report but that does not seem to be working??? 

Please help..

Message 104 of 126

Right now, strictly Survival!

Message 105 of 126