x
Admin

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Hi Seller Community! โค๏ธ

I'm excited to announce we've expanded the Question of the Week board to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and United States. We're looking forward to hearing from sellers across the world ๐ŸŒŽ You may notice that when you reply in this thread, there will be a flag indicating what country you're located in! Community members from all countries are welcome to reply to Question of the Week, as it is an entirely international space ๐Ÿ˜Š 

This week's question is....

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

We can't wait to read your replies โœจ

Message 1 of 126
125 REPLIES 125

Obviously, being financially successful is a goal of any business if it wants to continue being a business.  Beyond that, as an independent bookstore, getting books into the hands of people who want to read them is important to me. Literacy and access to books are both incredibly important! Reading helps us learn about our world, better understand ourselves, empathize with others, and improve our communication with each other. Every time a book goes to a new home, we're inching towards those goals.

Emily ( she / her )
The Violet Fox Bookshop
https://thevioletfoxbookshop.square.site
Message 64 of 126

First to get through this crisis we are all put in ,my first business and so far been a constant battle but i up for challenge and most importantly to actually understand and work the square register to sell my business myselfโ€ฆnot asking for alot i dont think

Message 65 of 126

My online business is in its very early stages and I'm keen to build this side of my business so I can hopefully reduce the reliance on face to face selling at local markets. Not because I don't like people, I do, in fact I love face to face interaction, but the itinerant nature of markets is that you are constantly unpacking and packing from the back of your vehicle. I'm 70, not old, but heading in that direction and one day it will all become too much for me. I love creating my art and craft and so does my customers and I want to continue to bring joy to more and more people around the world who purchase one of my art pieces. Cheers Gay - Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi! 

www.coastalinspirations.com.au

Message 66 of 126
Admin

i feel ya, Gay! I used to run a pop-up vintage business with my friend. We would sell our vintage clothing at street markets and events. We created a whole "atmosphere" with our shop set up which was A LOT of loading and unloading. We loved it but it was a lot of time spent doing that - also my car was permanent storage since we did sales so often lol 

Do you have a website/social account? Would love to check out your work

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 67 of 126

Hi Penny, just viewed your reply sorry it's taken so long. I have an Etsy store - CoastalinspirationAU and a website called coastalinspirations.com.au

Cheers and happy online selling.

Gay

Message 68 of 126
Square Champion

A place where people are happy to come to work because my employees are happy and treated well. Happy employees mean happy customers because employees will want to spread that joy and make others happy. That includes those that walk in the door.

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 69 of 126
Square Champion

Since I am starting my business later in life I would like it  to become successful so that my son can be financially free.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 70 of 126
Square Champion

Message 71 of 126
Square Champion

The most important thing I want to achieve as a business owner is to create a legacy of business owners.  

I want my kids to know they don't have to work for anyone else, it's their choice. All the efforts they put into making someone else a millionaire/billionaire can go towards creating that kind of wealth for themselves.

When customers are looking for unique and fashionable pieces, I want them to think of my brand first.

Lastly, for now, I want to create an environment where my employees feel valued and respected.  I've worked in retail for a long time and hated that upper management made my associates feel devalued and disposable.  My motto has always been if you work hard for your crew, they'll work harder for you.

Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 72 of 126
Admin

GREAT motto! ๐Ÿ‘

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 73 of 126
Square Champion

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

Having grown up with my parents running a small antique toy store. I helped run the store in my early teens and loved it. With that I always knew I wanted my own place to call home in business sense.

What I want to achieve is to be self sufficient and totally reliable as a place of business. I want to be able to provide the best care and top therapy to everyone who comes in to my clinic. So with that I need reliable payment and booking programs to do so. So far Im in my 19th year of business and no stopping yet.

Ryan A Schaffer RMT

Ryan Anton Schaffer RMT
www.reginamassagetherapist.com
Message 74 of 126

I want to provide quality service to my customers with hassle free payment processing. 

Message 75 of 126

As a sole trader I want my business to continue to be fun, pay for itself - so if my trend for the first five years of increasing sales every year continues that would be fine.

Andy

Message 76 of 126

I am looking forward to sharing this amazing opportunity with more women. And growing my client base. This company has been a blessing at a very dark time in my life. I thought it would just be "something fun" but it is so much more! Most people hear Pure Romance and immediately think sex toys or vibrators or the less classy words. But in reality despite the benign name, Pure Romance isnโ€™t just about sex and romance! Instead, our company focuses on sexual products and sexual health and wellness. So, this includes sex toys, as well as a range of related areas including oils, lingerie, guides, games, and bath products, and expanding to even more!  Not to mention we are given training in sexual education. 

Message 77 of 126
Square Champion

Leading by example is something I have strived to do since I started back in 1996. Florally - I know pretty much every farm where our flowers are grown - so traceability is known, many donโ€™t.  We started using compostable film (cellophane) back in 2016 and use as little plastic as possible, what we do use is recycled.  All. Our paper is FSC regulated and where possible we buy flowers wrapped in paper.  I have had a CSR, anti bribery and GRMS in place since 2002. Our industry is unregulated and I would like to achieve a government recognised level of skill and good practice - still working on that one !

Message 78 of 126
Square Champion

I should have made a long coffee to read all these 

Message 79 of 126

Lol I am new to all of this and there is such a stigma around what I do, not just because it's an MLM but because of the nature of the products. 

But on to you, I take you you are a florist? 

Message 80 of 126

i want to be able to expand my business all over the world

yolanda nelson
Message 81 of 126

It would be awesome if Square had a community shopping app like Spotify does.  So all the websites that are created under Spotify can be under 1 place.  I purchase from many companies that use Spotify and I can go into Shop app and get right to their site and look up shipping info and know if delivery is complete and such.  It is pretty neat to be in the know as a customer when there are updates/specials/deliveries happing all in 1 spot from many websites. Just a thought ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 82 of 126

The most important for me is to spread love and positive energy and show people that hate is a weak emotion. 

Message 83 of 126

Hey @isabelle - great question!

Well here's a little twist on the question -- my favorite thing to achieve as a business owner is when I set something up, and things can roll on without me.

Whether it's my team catching on and being able to run something without my involvement, or my customers responding positively and rolling with something new without even thinking about it -- whenever something I come up with works well and I can take a step back and just watch things work, that's a huge moment of pride for me in the business. I love those moments so much, and I always get a huge sense of accomplishment.

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 84 of 126