x
Admin

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Hi Seller Community! โค๏ธ

I'm excited to announce we've expanded the Question of the Week board to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and United States. We're looking forward to hearing from sellers across the world ๐ŸŒŽ You may notice that when you reply in this thread, there will be a flag indicating what country you're located in! Community members from all countries are welcome to reply to Question of the Week, as it is an entirely international space ๐Ÿ˜Š 

This week's question is....

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

We can't wait to read your replies โœจ

Message 1 of 126
125 REPLIES 125

to meet the needs of all our customers and see their happiness

Message 22 of 126

Growth while maintaining morals and ethos

Message 23 of 126

Beeโ€™n a Blossom has evolved from a passion to deliver clean natural products that deliver satisfying results and a need for gluten free products for myself . 
I desire the same for my customers and take pride in delivering a product that will make them smile . 
I want to maintain values while maintaining a happy customer base and earning an income . 

~Pam~

Message 24 of 126

Return clients

*เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš Certified Energy Healer *เฉˆโœฉโ€งโ‚Šหš
Attuned in Reiki, Ashati, and Alsemia 1 & 2 energies
Message 25 of 126

I am the only person in my business. My handmade cards are very time consuming to make. My focus at the moment is streamlining my processes, coming up with new designs and methods to ensure I am creating enough stock, still of high quality, so I can continue to supply my customers. Spreading joy, one card at a time๐Ÿฅฐ

Message 26 of 126

I thrive to turn a profit and customer satisfaction. As a started business profit still not there so keeping the balance and the business running are definitely my priority.

Message 27 of 126

Have the best produce our little farm can produce to make our customers want to come back.

Once you tasted our free-range duck and chicken eggs you will never buy anywhere else.

Our fresh vegetables you have to pick yourself have taste.

Good old fashioned products and service still works

Message 28 of 126
Alumni

I love this answer. This last year I've made a new commitment to eating local produce. We are very lucky that we have a farm stand down the road that sells all sorts of great local food. The food isn't costing more - but it is WAY fresher, tastier, and better for the planet ๐Ÿ‘จโ€๐ŸŒพ

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 29 of 126

To be able to place myself into the mind of our customer, our most important asset.

Seeing our business from their expectations.

Message 30 of 126

My main business focus is to make it as easy as possible for my customers to access quality handmade products, through whichever channel is easiest for them.

Message 31 of 126

Real and gentle social and economic change.

Message 32 of 126

Sales and customer satisfaction who tell ten of their friends of their good experience and product satisfaction. 

Message 33 of 126

I'm a sole trader. Most important for me is to be able to be comfortable and stress free in life. I want to be able to keep the bills paid on time and have enough left over to enjoy myself on the weekends. So I guess most important to me is maintaining some sort of quality of life and financial stability.

Message 34 of 126
Square Champion

Building a community space that is welcoming to all, establishing an expert-level reputation (You have to go to R&R for coffee--they know their thing), and profitability. But most of all, I want to build a business that my daughters are proud to take over and run when I'm tired of dealing with it all.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Square Champion: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 35 of 126
Alumni

Love this @ryanwanner. Building a business and building a Community are so intertwined. @MudFire_Dex's ceramics studio is an amazing story of combining these two elements.  

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 36 of 126

A good question! My initial thought was "make money!" but that's definitely a tongue in cheek answer for me as, being a business that individually designs and hand sews each new item, there's no way it could ever make me wealthy ๐Ÿ˜‰.  My actual passion is to not only produce unique items that bring me joy, but also bring my customers joy.  The entire package needs to be spot on to keep my customers happy and returning.  It's not just about the product, it's about the personal touch, the ease of purchasing (we've had a few issues there, and I know other Square users have too!) and the efficient and friendly way to offer assistance whenever it's needed at any stage of the process.

Elaine

Message 37 of 126

I would love to achieve a strong online customer base who order regularly and contact me for advice. That's when I know the products I sell and choose to use in my business are popular and wanted. I operate a cleaning service which I actually do work in, but have arrived at a point where I want to focus more on selling the beautiful range of environmentally safe and non toxic cleaning products (also skin, hair and body products) plus a range of natural fibre  and earth friendly cleaning accessories. It's early days for me and I'm a huge believer in slow and steady wins the race. I guess its really all about perserverance and making sure I have a range of products that people can be excited about and 'must have' in their homes. Of course, customer service, support and the ability to respond to questions in a timely manner are at the forefront of how I do business, any day.

Message 38 of 126

for my business ( a bakery) to be able to operate without me being here 100% of the time we are open. i am working 75+ hours a week right now and im beyond burnt out.

To be comfortable enough financially to not have to worry about paying bills and buying ingredients.

to be able to expand the business and offer better benefits to my employees

to be able to pay myself.

Jessica
Owner/Founder
We'reDough Bakery and Cookie Dough Cafe
Flint, MI
Message 39 of 126
Square Champion

To be happy ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

For me thatโ€™s having the right work/home balance & enjoying what I do still. 

Message 40 of 126

I want my clients to have a great golf experience every-time I work with them.  Since I provide an ongoing service, (golf lessons), I need Square to free up as much of my time as possible, so that I can focus on what I do best; working with clients on their golf swing. Square helps me tremendously by proving a calendar where my clients can book appointments, all without my hands-on involvement. Further, Square simplifies the process of generating invoices, collecting payments, and depositing funds into my bank, all seamlessly and accurately. 

Thank you Square for offering me a one stop solution for my small business. I would be lost without you.

Message 41 of 126
Square Champion

In the beginning, I think I just wanted women to feel confident in their skin and now, with the addition of our store,  I want to also inspire women to live life with little pockets of joy.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 42 of 126