x
Admin

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Hi Seller Community! โค๏ธ

I'm excited to announce we've expanded the Question of the Week board to Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland and United States. We're looking forward to hearing from sellers across the world ๐ŸŒŽ You may notice that when you reply in this thread, there will be a flag indicating what country you're located in! Community members from all countries are welcome to reply to Question of the Week, as it is an entirely international space ๐Ÿ˜Š 

This week's question is....

Whatโ€™s the most important thing you want to achieve as a business owner?

We can't wait to read your replies โœจ

Message 1 of 126
125 REPLIES 125

First and foremost our goal is to create a healthy environment where our staff can thrive. We work very hard to nurture a culture where our staff is energized by their interaction with management and each other. We coach them, correct them, provide examples of healthy confrontation and we are first to let them know when we've done it wrong while working to recover and regain their trust.  It's important to provide opportunities for them to be part of problem-solving and thinking around 'next things'.

My young years working taught me that most don't get a healthy work environment in their early years and few get to learn from healthy examples. I've found when a healthy, thriving workplace is available, our team focuses on what needs to be done to satisfy our next goal of creating the same environment where our customers can gather in our space, healthy and safe, to share their life with others and strengthen the community around us. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 2 of 126

Very inspirational 

Message 3 of 126
Square Champion

Agreed. It sounds like you have a staff, currently. How do you bridge the gap between professional boss and confidant/friend? 

I own a tanning salon and am 25. My employees are 23 and 24 so I just worry the respect won't be there.

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 4 of 126

I want customers to have a great experience, full stop.

If customers are happy, then business grows and things take off.

From a business owners perspective though, let for me is to have systems that scale and get to a place where almost everything can be automated, leaving more time to focus on what got me to where I am, and which will take me to the next level.

Things Square could do to help this? Listen to the community feedback, intently. If one person is going out of their way to make a post with feedback or a feature request, there WILL be others that have the same issues - so treat even a single โ€œobscureโ€ post as a problem to be solved. There is potential to have a world class system for small businesses here, but the development doesnโ€™t seem to go into things people need, and sometimes seems to go on things people like the idea of instead.

Message 5 of 126

At the moment, finding someone competent enough to take over my business as I want to retire and possibly move on to another field in financial services with far fewer clients.

Message 6 of 126

have a sustainable client base

Message 7 of 126

The most important thing I want to achieve in my business is to be successful financially and to further educate & support my local dog owner community with expanding their knowledge on the right food and treats to give their Furbuddies. 

Message 8 of 126
Admin

As a dog owner, I love this vision! What's your website @PPEmpawriu

Message 9 of 126

Hi Olive

Its: www.playpawsempawrium.co.uk

Kind Regards

Sam

Play Paws Empawrium Owner

Message 10 of 126

Efficiency and consistency.

Message 11 of 126

My main focus is to reach as many wonderful souls as possible and bring nature healing to them at this time. Secondly to grow to a point I am able to leave my part time job and focus solely on my small business as I am just starting out. 

Message 12 of 126

There are actually 2 things that top our list

1. Time service - Having orders out in time

2. Customer Satisfaction - Delivering a high quality product.  

Chris 

Message 13 of 126

More than anything else, I want my customers to be exceptionally happy with my renovations and professional handyman services.  Square helps me make this a seamless process, and virtually everyone is happy with the payment process offered by Square.  

Message 14 of 126

provide great customer service and quality products so customers keep coming back

Message 15 of 126

I am happy where we are right now being over 65. It doesn't take up a lot of my time but I really enjoy creating our one-of-a-kind Fluid Art Lazy Susan Turntables etc. We love being in local markets and do well. We also love the social part of it. We are on Etsy. If I get all my products made by May then I can go camping in the summer during the week and will be in markets on the weekend. That is most important to me. Morning Mist Artworks

Message 16 of 126

The ability to not have to worry about where my family's next meal will come from. The fact that I can look 5 years into the future and see that I'm no longer struggling and now thriving is what I want to achieve

Message 17 of 126

DRNM - dearreadingnichemind...

I am a curious female high age person.

I want to find out the balance of

GIVING TO THE READING MIND reading stuff which changes their own Brain shelves

and

RECEIVING from the reading mind after ruminating about the read stuff in what way the content impacted their curiosity level in their brain.

Thanks for taking TIME to share with a grateful smile from

thb-teresahewesufabencinic

Message 18 of 126

Increase my brand awareness as an alternative to the high street brands.

this in turn will increase my sales, as a handmade sustainable business, that supports local and/or other independent businesses within the community ๐Ÿ’•

Message 19 of 126

We are a small, small business of two.   The most important thing we want to achieve as small business owners is to provide a ethical and environmentally safe product at a fair price - and to provide an excellent customer experience.    I want my customers to know they can trust my product and me and that all their transactions will be secure.  

Message 20 of 126

To establish a home for children in need where family restoration is required, combined with equine assisted psychotherapies to bring about healing, restore confidence and provide a safe space filled with love and care.

Message 21 of 126