x
Square Champion

If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be?

If you could instantly become an expert in something, what would it be? Imagine having the ability to master any skill or field of knowledge in an instant—how would you use this newfound expertise?

I'll start off by saying mine is personal, but it's something I would like to master: Communication. I'm somewhat of an introvert, often staying quiet in social situations. I enjoy being around people but don't participate in many conversations. Many of you who join Isabelle's video meetings know this because I never speak. I show up but don't talk. I tend to get nervous and start talking really fast, which makes me tongue-tied, so I usually just show up and listen. Even with our customers, I just make really short talk and move on.

I know mine is nothing groundbreaking, but it is something I would like to become an expert at.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Square Champion

@rtfulk ;

I think I would like to be an Expert in Accounting.   Went to school for this and have always been good with numbers.  My problem with Accounting was all the old laws and New Tax regulations that you need to know.  My mind works by seeing something and not just remembering this or that.   Plus with accounting knowledge and being an expert I could do my own books, and other businesses save money at tax time like the Large corporations do.  This of course would have me being an Expert in all facets of accounting laws and regulations.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 13
Square Champion

Social media marketing, digital marketing, and creating successful sales funnels lol 🙂

Message 3 of 13
Square Champion

The same for us. Social media marketing. 

Message 4 of 13
Square Champion

Not business related just something that I'd love to learn...painting.  The ability to paint but also the history of art.  I love it but never had much of a chance to study it in school.

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 5 of 13

I would become a Expert in Coding; with coding you could make anything. 

Message 6 of 13
Square Champion

For me personally I would love to become an expert in Coffee knowledge and roasting. I know that roasting isn't necessarily part of our vision and we love the roasters we partner with and what they do, but I personally find it so amazing and interesting.

For business I would say marketing and social media. Again I know our vision is not to be the hottest thing on instagram but when we work really hard on a reel and it does super well, it just feels awesome. I'd love to "feel awesome" more consistently.

Oh! and obviously I would love to be an expert at all things Square. DUH!

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 7 of 13
Seller Community Mentor

I would like to be an expert at always knowing what to say and when to say it, never having the feeling after I've left a situation to say "oh, I should have said that!"  I always end up letting the snake that's attacking me strike, I never know what to say in the moment to stop the attack.

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 8 of 13
Square Champion

Love the question, I personally would love to be an expert at so many things, but if it was one thing...speaking another language, especially spanish.  I would love to be able to travel and be able to converse freely with people.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 9 of 13
Admin

Rational brain: Communication too @rtfulk ! 

Irrational brain: Computer coding so I can take over the world...

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 10 of 13
Seller Community Mentor

🤣

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 11 of 13
Square Champion

I'd love to get better at accounting and finance (although I'm already pretty decent).. speaking another language would be amazing (Portuguese would be excellent for the line of business I am in).

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 12 of 13
Square Champion

I should say Social Media but I hate it too much. I hate the perfectionism mindset and destruction I see in my resident artists.....so I'm going to say I wish I was a master of mediation and conflict resolution. I would love to be able to foster accountability, responsibility, and inclusion within teammates so that they didn't fear conflict so much. I think it would make our community even stronger.

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 13 of 13