x
Admin

How did you come up with the name of your business? ๐Ÿ’ญ

Hiiii Seller Community! 

Here with another question of the week!

How did you come up with the name of your business? Is there a story behind it? Have you ever thought of changing it? 

question giphy.gif

Feel free to share your business name, how you came up with it and your logo too if you want! ๐Ÿ’• We look forward to reading your replies โœจ

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager
Message 1 of 264
263 REPLIES 263

I was nick named "Jester" back when I was a teen and have always been fascinated by the history of the Jester and how it related to my life to now.

I always liked Jesters and listened Insane Clown Posse and idolized Jim Root the guitar player for Slipknot (Jim wears a jester's mask) as teen guitar player and am a huge fan, so after different stores and different names, I just wasn't happy with where the theme and direction of my businesses were going and it came to me one afternoon, "Jester's Games".

Jester's ar eknown for amusement and games and a dark origin.

It felt unique and fit the theme of "me".

There you are, the mystery of the Jester.

Message 85 of 264
Square Champion

I wanted our name to be an "animal" so it would give us the freedom to change products if needed. (Before I had a small business that had a too descriptive a name and once we stopped selling that product we had to change our name.).  It was between The Purple Squirrel or The Green Monkey.  And we asked our friends and they said The Green Monkey rolled off your tongue better. And since I love monkeys we went with The Green Monkey.  However purple is my favorite color so the friend of mine that designed the logo incorporated the color purple into our logo. And she drew the monkey!!

Rusty Sutton
The Green Monkey LLC
www.greenmonkeyraleigh.com
FB: greenmonkeyraleigh
IG: greenmonkeyraleigh
Twitter: @greenmonkeyshop
Message 86 of 264
Admin

Thanks so much for sharing @Greenmonkey65 ! Green Monkey totally rolls off the tongue better. 

Thanks for sharing the logo too - it's both striking and FUN ๐Ÿต 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Message 87 of 264

The name of our business is Ole Pimp Daddy Beard Company. We produce all natural beard and mustache products. How we chose our name was the meaning behind Pimp Daddy. It is a dapper,  well-groomed, and well-dressed individual. With our name and logo, we've also been able to create t-shirts, winter skull caps, flat bill trucker hats, and patches. And, no, we have never thought of changing our name now that we have a huge customer base.

Message 88 of 264

My very good friend of 10 years ago was a genius, he created a whole album with drums, guitars, even monkeys. He names it old time frequencies. it is on sound cloud, still available. I was impressed. after a decade i decided to coopy him and include 28 from my birth date.

Message 89 of 264

Growing up in Hoboken NJ we always felt we are the 6th Borough to New York. I also felt the logo should look like a NYC Subway sign

Message 90 of 264

The name of my business is IntiMsC Private and Cozy Events.  My name is Connie and i throw and host small intimate parties in a cozy environment.  So Intimate+ Ms. C for Connie= IntiMsC.  Pronounced INTIMACY..TAHH DAHHH. LOL

Message 91 of 264
Alumni

Tah Dah! Honestly extremely clever ๐Ÿ˜ต

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 92 of 264

Our last name is Cline and our shop is on a corner so Clineโ€™s Corner

Message 93 of 264

I started with the domain name. I'm a college counselor (I guide high school students to select and apply to colleges) and I know I want people to find my website when they search for "college" on Google -- so that word needed to be in the domain name for SEO purposes. Since I'm a guide, I thought of words for guiding, not all of which were available domains. In the end, I found one I love: College Torch and collegetorch.com. 

I know a College Lizard and a College Raptor (both very successful) so I don't think I'm the only one who came up with my business name this way!

Message 94 of 264
Alumni

Love the torch imagery... Thinking of the journey to find (and get into) a great college as exploring a hidden temple full of booby traps and treasure. A torch is necessary for such ventures ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Aaron Weiss
Message 95 of 264

I am a stylist & I hear lots of personal information from my clients. When they are feeling down and being hard on themselves, I let them know we all have a CROOKED CROWN and they will never hear any judgement from me!! Stand up, dust it off & staighten that crown! ๐Ÿ‘‘

CROOKED CROWN STUDIO / REBEL SOUL SALON

Message 96 of 264
Alumni

Having a stlyist who can also act as a friend, confidant, and impartial observer to events in your life is such a blessing. Thank you for doing the work that goes beyond the the work.

Aaron Weiss
Message 97 of 264
Beta Member

I was needing to rebrand our day spa, and my 13 yr old daughter and I sat in my bedroom brainstorming. She came up with the Spalon part, and I liked the ReNew You, so we put them together. We offer natural pain management, along with TCM and Metaphysical healing, so it fit perfect! Our new logo is a purple lotus flower next to a Crescent Moon. We are so excited to reopen under our new name!

Thanks for a great question!

Kristen and Morgan W.

ReNew You Spalon

Indiana

Message 98 of 264
Admin

Love that story @renewyouspalon โœจThank you for sharing and feel free to reply with your logo! We would love to see it!

Screenshot 2021-06-04 at 12.20.47 PM.png

Square Logo
Isabelle
Message 99 of 264

We came up with out name, The Lounge at the End of the Universe, because we are all a bunch of Sci fi geeks and the bar is retro futuristic in its design. We also wanted to give a nod to a great book in the process, and have it be a beacon to other Sci fi geeks in the know, while also being an interesting name to those that are not. Www.loungeboise.com 

Message 100 of 264

Verde Taxi is the name of the business. Located in Northern Arizona, in the heart of the Verde Valley, A name that covers multiple cities across Yavapai County that are home to the Verde River (including Sedona, Arizona & Jerome, Arizona.) Even the local newspaper is called the Verde Independent, making the term "Verde" a common staple for businesses and attractions in the local area. In addition to this, "Verde" is Spanish for "Green", which offers a branding opportunity for us to paint all of our vehicles green. All of this combined offers instant recognition in the area, along with excellent SEO for tourists and locals alike.

Message 101 of 264
Admin

That's a great point. When looking for a taxi in a new city, I always google []name of city] [taxi]. Really awesome thought process - thank you for sharing @VerdeTaxi ! Hope to see you around the Community for next week's Question of the Week! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Message 102 of 264
Beta Member

Greenlite repair services is a special service that requires handyman work projects installs assembling mounting service technician work. I thought it would bring customers and clients to my business if you see the word 'green' it means go then at the end it the word 'lite' which means light duty work. If that answer your question thank you for being interested

Message 103 of 264
Admin

Wow - makes total sense. Clever biz name. Thank you so much for sharing @Greenlite ๐Ÿ’ก 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Message 104 of 264

Self Explanatory

Message 105 of 264