x
Admin

Building an inclusive environment: What are your burning questions?

Happy June, everyone 🌈

As we kick off Pride Month, it’s a great time for us to think about how we can foster and sustain inclusivity as part of our business culture, not just for employees but also for the customers coming through the door. 

There are so many different things a business can do — big or small — from something as simple as shifting how you might greet a customer or where you source your products from. It can feel slightly overwhelming to know where to start, so why not take this opportunity to share any questions you may have about this topic and let others in the Community support you?

Some example questions: 

• What are some steps a business can take to be more welcoming? 
  • How can we show support to marginalized groups all year round, without seeming insincere? 

Share your questions with us below! I look forward to reading all the different conversations ❣️

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Thank you for the suggestion @MudFire_Dex ❤️

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6
Square Champion

We pride ourselves in being a safe space all year long and we do that by asking our employees how best we can be allies to them and our customers. Sometimes you need to listen more than you speak!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 3 of 6
Square Champion

I'd love to hear what makes folks nervous or unsure about inclusive practices - and see if we can break down some walls together - @DinaLRosenberg is right we gotta ask questions to learn y'all.

Deklan (Dex) they/them]

MudFire CEO | Square enthusiast

Visit me at MudFire online
Message 4 of 6
Square Champion

I think people do get scared to offend... especially after the bud light debacle last year. But honestly, our people aren't like that so if they were all **bleep**ed off about our pride flag (which is on our door all year) we wouldn't want them shopping with us anyway.

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 5 of 6

This is easy for some of you.  I live in rural Missouri. Where do I stand? I use variegated Pride threads as often as possible! 😉 

The LGBTQ+ community has been my adopted community since 1987. Nothing has made me feel sicker than seeing the attacks happening AGAIN.  Where I am, if you have a Pride flag on your car window, someone will break your window! 

So, replace the window and put a larger flag on! Or I might have my car wrapped.  Happy Pride!

Ann Johnson
Message 6 of 6