x
Beta Member

Square Terminal security question?

Wer recently purchased a square terminal to use with and besides the Square stand with square POS.

One thing I a worried about is somebody swiping/pinching it.

I noticed there is a screw hole underneath, is this designed to use it on some kind of stand?

Thanks

D

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Square Champion

Best Answer

Yup, it’s a standard 1/4” thread as found on camera tripods etc. 

I’ve not had any worries or issues in the years I’ve been using the terminal - while we know how easy it is to sign out etc, the general population would probably assume it’s fixed to your account so wouldn’t be any use to anyone else. 

That said, my main one is now fitted to an arm under my counter to have it in the perfect place. 

I’ve also adapted a SpacePole on another counter that was designed for a Verifone unit (just cut off a small lip), but again that was for placement & ease rather than any security concerns. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Best Answer

Yup, it’s a standard 1/4” thread as found on camera tripods etc. 

I’ve not had any worries or issues in the years I’ve been using the terminal - while we know how easy it is to sign out etc, the general population would probably assume it’s fixed to your account so wouldn’t be any use to anyone else. 

That said, my main one is now fitted to an arm under my counter to have it in the perfect place. 

I’ve also adapted a SpacePole on another counter that was designed for a Verifone unit (just cut off a small lip), but again that was for placement & ease rather than any security concerns. 

Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Thanks, I may look for something to secure it with, I realise Square sell one now. We operate in a busy bar/pub environment so this may be different to your setup, people are more likely to knock drinks over on to the bar, so maybe if it was elevated a little it would help.

Thanks

D

Message 3 of 3