x

What's the best way to set up Square for photography?

Hello, I am still fairly new to utilizing square. I am trying to set up square photography and videography business. I have my booking and appointments set up, but I want to know the best way to go about booking/retaining fees then set up the payoff for the service I provide. Is there someone or some way I can be walk though step by step of the best way to set up my items and service?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Champion

Hi! Someone on Youtube has likely set this up already. 

Just off the top of my head though, you can set up "No Show Protection" and collect a deposit that could act as a booking fee. Then your items will be the photos, videos, packages, etc that you provide!

UV-Free Tanning Salon Owner, Northern California (Campbell)
Square Champion - Expert
instagram.com/bronzepalms
Message 2 of 3
Square Champion

I'm a bit slow on this reply, so you probably have something in place already -- but I thought I'd share what we do at our studio anyway.  Perhaps someone in the future will be helped by it!

In our case we made the decision to not take any fees in advance for most sessions.  Personally I don't like paying in advance for appointments, so I didn't want to make my customers do it.  I also didn't want to mess about with having to refund payments if people didn't show up and got mad about paying for nothing.

The only exception is weddings where we do have a contract with them.  I create an invoice, and then use the payment schedule feature.  I ask for the deposit (retainer fee) up front and then set the final payment to be due by the wedding day. 

We sell a lot of photos online though, and unfortunately we can't do that through the Square store so we use different software and then have the payments set up using the Square API to accept payments.

Not sure if that helps, if you have more specific questions I'm happy to give my thoughts!

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 3 of 3