x
Beta Member

Starting Rei Technologies!

Hello all!

My name is Rei Johnson, and I am starting a technology-based startup out of Maryland. We are aiming to be able to sell products by the end of the year entirely online and hopefully have a physical warehouse and location one day!

I would love to hear from some other Square-based companies on some tips for how to navigate running a Square Online business!

Happy to be here,

- Rei, Founder at Rei Technologies

Rei Johnson
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hi ReiTech,

Here's a few thoughts .....

Running an online business can be challenging.  Just having a website is only the beginning. Below are a few generic tips. Note, what works for one business may not work for another, you have to experiment.

* Start with a clear business idea and niche: Define your business idea and target niche. Focus on a specific product or service to stand out in the crowded online marketplace. What is going to make your business stand out?

* Market Research: Understand your target audience, their preferences & behaviors. Research your competitors to identify gaps and opportunities in the market.

* Solid Business Plan: Develop a comprehensive business plan that outlines your goals, strategies, financial projections, and marketing tactics. This will serve as your roadmap for growth.

* User-Friendly Website: Create a professional and user-friendly website. Ensure it's responsive, easy to navigate, and optimized for search engines (SEO). A clean design and intuitive layout can enhance user experience.

* High-Quality Content: Produce valuable and engaging content that addresses your audience's needs. This can include blog posts, videos, infographics, and more. Quality content helps build trust and authority.

* E-Commerce Platform: Choose a reliable e-commerce platform that suits your business needs. Platforms like Square, Shopify, WooCommerce, and BigCommerce offer customizable solutions for online stores.

* Secure Payment Systems: Implement secure and convenient payment gateways to ensure customer transactions are safe and hassle-free.

* Product Photography: Invest in high-quality product images. Clear, appealing visuals can significantly impact customers' purchasing decisions.

* Social Media Presence: Establish and maintain a strong presence on social media platforms relevant to your audience. Engage with your followers, share valuable content, and use social media for customer service.

* Email Marketing: Build an email list and send regular newsletters to keep customers informed about new products, promotions, and industry insights. Personalized email campaigns can drive sales.

* Customer Support: Provide excellent customer support through various channels such as live chat, email, and phone. Promptly address customer inquiries, concerns, and issues. Make sure that your Contact Us details have your physical office address, phone number and email address.  If you only provide a email form with no other details - potential customers will move on.

* Reviews and Testimonials: Encourage customers to leave reviews and testimonials. Positive feedback builds credibility and trust among potential customers.

* SEO Strategy: Optimize your website for search engines to improve visibility in search results. Use relevant keywords, meta descriptions, and backlinks to boost organic traffic.

* Analytics and Tracking: Use analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics) to monitor website traffic, user behavior, and conversion rates. Use this data to make informed decisions and optimize your strategies.

* Mobile Optimization: With the increasing use of mobile devices, ensure your website is mobile-friendly and loads quickly on smartphones and tablets.

* Adaptability and Innovation: Stay updated with industry trends and be open to adapting your strategies. Embrace innovation and be willing to evolve to meet changing customer needs.

* Legal and Regulatory Compliance: Familiarize yourself with online business regulations, data privacy laws, and taxation requirements in your region.

* Consistent Branding: Maintain consistent branding across all platforms, including your website, social media, packaging, and marketing materials. A strong brand identity helps customers recognize and trust your business.

* Networking: Connect with other entrepreneurs, attend industry events, and participate in online forums or communities to learn, share experiences, and potentially collaborate.

* Persistence and Patience: Building a successful online business takes time. Stay persistent, patient, and focused on your goals, even during challenging times.

** Remember that every business is unique, so adapt these tips to your specific circumstances. Regularly assess your progress, learn from your experiences, and be willing to make necessary adjustments along the way.

jk

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Thanks, JK!

I'll be coming back to this post to use a lot of these strategies!

- Rei

Rei Johnson
Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

Congrats on taking the first steps! What party of Maryland are you located around? Our store is in Bethesda, MD and I actually have a bit of experience in the Tech industry! What kind of products are you looking to manufacture or sell? Tech is a very interesting field given how much money there is but it's also super challenging because of how fast it moves on. 

www.PartyManiaBethesda.com
Please Require Customers to pick time/date at checkout for Square online. Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Hey,

I'm located in Montgomery County as well!

All of my products are on my store page: https://rei-tech.square.site/s/shop, but it mainly consists of aerospace and DIY electronics products!

Rei Johnson
Message 5 of 5