x
Beta Member

How to increase sales?

Hi, I just started my online western boutique! I have created a Tiktok, Facebook, Poshmark, Twitter, and Instagram account to promote my business on. I juts want to know, from people with a similar business, what did you do to grab customers attention and pull them in? The reason for my boutique is to help people who can't afford most boutiques numbers, so I sell all of my clothing, jewelry, and etc. for much less than normally seen, could that be and issue and deter people from wanting to buy? I really want to grow and expand my inventory but need to get rid of what I have first! Any tips on what to do? Thank you in advance! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Beta Member

While I am not in the same business as you, this may be some helpful advice none the less. 

I own and operate a small blacksmith shop, focusing on architectural and decorative ironwork. Pricing always seems daunting, because at the end of the day, you want to be paid for your work (or products), but where do you set prices at. That is always a challenge to figure out. One thing I have been doing, is I will set a base price for an item, usually on the higher side of the spectrum. I leave it at that price for about a week, and if it does not sell, I drop the price by 5$. This is a time based process, but I have found it to be the most effective way of determining a price that is reasonable for me AND the customer. 

For example, if I make a hand forged fire poker that is more elaborate than a basic version, I price it high. My basic versions are $45, so I will usually set the price for a more elaborate version around $95-$100. If after a week, the item has not been bought, but customers have looked at it a lot, the price gets lowered by $5. Each week the item stays on display but not purchased, the price decreases. Eventually, that sweet spot will be found, and usually your target customers will help you determine what the market will bare price wise. 

Also, while pricing items at a lower price than normally seen in competing stores sounds like a money maker in theory, it can actually be detrimental. A couple dollars difference from competitors can make a big impact on sales, but a much lower price can lead to customers believing your product is "lower quality" or has some defect, which can cause them to shop elsewhere. I use competitors pricing as a ballpark range to price items at. If your sales have not increased at the prices you are offering your items at, try adjusting the price up to an odd number. $39 items will usually sell better than $40 items, $29 better than $30 and so on and so forth. There is a perceived discount when the price is not a nice even round number. 

Its a long answer to a very pointed question, but I hope this helps. 

Brandon Willson
Message 2 of 3

Well you can always use cyber inkd media.

Message 3 of 3