x

Custom Domain Appears as Taken.

After I made purchase for my custom domain, it changed my url to a bunch of numbers. when i tried to publish the website, it asked me for which domain name i wanted. (weird, since i just paid for it) it now when i go to claim the custom domain i wanted, it now appears as taken. i just made the purchase less than an hour ago. and that's around the time it says it was registered on whois.register.com. so either I messed up the purchase process, or someone just took my custom domain name out from under me. 

Message 1 of 7
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Yeah, It says its my domain and it is the correct one, but it says i dont have the capability to use . im trying to publish to it but it says "current plan expired or no longer supports custom domain." The first time i published it worked but not anymore. Im not sure how to add images here it does not seem straightforward whatsoever

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Champion

Hi @pacxon1987.  Before I answer your question, I need some clarification.  When you try to “publish the website, it asked me for which domain name I wanted,” does it show a list of domain names available?  If you would take a screen shot of that screen and post it here, that would help me narrow down my assistance to only that which would be applicable to you.

Also, when you go to your online dashboard > Website > Domains you should see a list of Square-managed domains on your account.  Can you screen shot that and post it as well.

With that information, I can probably get you back on track, or at least give you an answer as to what happened.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 7

Hello, my friend turns out that the problem was that i had not connected the domain. Now, the issue for me right now is that I cancelled my monthly billing subscription ahead of time(because it is not my card that is being used its my dad's, I was just being extra cautious with his cash lol). Anyway I was notified that I would retain the use of the professional plan capability until the next billing cycle. But just now as I tried publishing, it said I have to upgrade before being able to use my custom domain. I tried to get back into the subscription cycle, and it's trying to charge me again without taking into account that I just paid them for a month today. Any way i can get my capabilities and/or subscription turned back on without having to pay again?

Message 3 of 7
Square Champion

Since you paid you should have that access until the end of the period, for sure.  The message you are receiving makes me suspect that you might be trying to publish to a URL that is NOT the one you actually paid for.  Are you sure that you have the correct URL (ie - the one you paid for, not the other one) connected to your site?  When you click the Publish button, what is the URL it is trying to publish to?  Again, screen shots might help if you can’t figure it out.

Alternatively, you might get quicker resolution by contacting the Customer Success Team using one of the methods here.  I always get my best results by calling (not chat or email), but that is your call.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 4 of 7

Best Answer

Yeah, It says its my domain and it is the correct one, but it says i dont have the capability to use . im trying to publish to it but it says "current plan expired or no longer supports custom domain." The first time i published it worked but not anymore. Im not sure how to add images here it does not seem straightforward whatsoever

Message 5 of 7
Square Champion

Sounds like you should call the customer support people by following this link.  

As for attaching images, there is a little camera icon in the menu bar at the top of the post editing box.  Just click it and follow the prompts to choose the files/images to be included.

Chip

Website
Facebook

जो है सो है
Message 6 of 7

my friend thank you for your time

Message 7 of 7