x

Square register hub with square stand?

Will the square register hub with usb and ethernet work on the square stand? Is the hub just a usb-c connector? 
Currently have the square stand connected with its usb hub, but need ethernet connectivity too.  
thank you.   

Message 1 of 4
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Adamsberryfarm - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

The Accessory Hub for the Square Register is built specifically for connecting to the Register. If you need a replacement accessory hub for a Square Stand, you can find them here (1st gen) and here (2nd gen). 

If you are experiencing any issues with your accessory hub, Square warrants your Square Hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the shipping date. For more details on our warranty policy, please see this support article.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4

Best Answer

Hello @Adamsberryfarm 👋

Square does not carry an accessory that would allow you to connect an iPad to the internet using an Ethernet cable at this time. 

Because the Square Stand uses the iPad port, you won't be able to connect an Ethernet adapter to the iPad unless you disconnect the Stand. 

I'm sorry that there isn't a workaround for what you need. 

Our Square Terminal offers the option to connect to the internet via Ethernet. 

Thank you. 

Frances

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Best Answer

Hi @Adamsberryfarm - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

The Accessory Hub for the Square Register is built specifically for connecting to the Register. If you need a replacement accessory hub for a Square Stand, you can find them here (1st gen) and here (2nd gen). 

If you are experiencing any issues with your accessory hub, Square warrants your Square Hardware against defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the shipping date. For more details on our warranty policy, please see this support article.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 2 of 4

Thank you for the info.  It’s not so much a replacement I’m looking for, I’m looking for a solution to having usb ports for the scanner and printer, but also an ethernet port.  Is there any work around for this?    Thank you. 

Message 3 of 4

Best Answer

Hello @Adamsberryfarm 👋

Square does not carry an accessory that would allow you to connect an iPad to the internet using an Ethernet cable at this time. 

Because the Square Stand uses the iPad port, you won't be able to connect an Ethernet adapter to the iPad unless you disconnect the Stand. 

I'm sorry that there isn't a workaround for what you need. 

Our Square Terminal offers the option to connect to the internet via Ethernet. 

Thank you. 

Frances
Message 4 of 4