x

Epson TM T88V Ethernet Won’t Connect To Square

I am trying to connect an Epson TM T88V Receipt Printer to Square POS on my iPad without a Squarestand. On the compatibility page it says TM T88V is compatible with Ethernet interface printers for iOS + Square reader. I have followed on screen instructions by typing in the IP address my printer prints out, and it won’t find my printer. I have opened up Webconfig on my iPad and tried changing the DHCP setting from manual to auto (although Square suggests having it on manual) and nothing. I have spent 4 hours on the phone with square, and they aren’t able to get it up and running. They sent in a special support request and are investigating what’s happening. Just wondering if anyone also has a TM T88V hooked up with Ethernet that might be able to give me some insight on what to do? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @Zendar, thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues connecting your printer to the Square POS app. Have you heard from back from our Support Team yet ?

I'm hoping other sellers can share their experience, but let me know if there's anything I can do to help 🙂.

Message 2 of 3

Hey Lou, I did hear back. They were not able to help. I ended up calling Epson and they said the Ethernet interface on my printer wasn’t compatible for the model of my printer which was odd. I ended up buying the Squarestand 2nd Generation and hooking it up with the USB hub it came with.

Message 3 of 3