x

How do you handle catering orders such as EZcater in Square?

Hello,

Since there are no House Accounts in Square, I'm wondering how people print tickets for third party catering orders that are not paid via Square?  Such as EZcater or ZeroCater.

We use a service called YellowDog for our inventory management, and we need our inventory deducted for these orders, so they need to get entered into Square.  What workarounds do people use?

Also, I haven't use Square Invoices, but do they print tickets from your printer?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @manousheh!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Square Invoices do not print tickets. 

I looked up EZcater and ZeroCater to see if they're included in our app marketplace as an app that we integrate successfully with, but it doesn't look like we do at this time. I would encourage you to take a look at the other apps in our marketplace to see if you find one that might meet your needs. You may even be able to use our standard POS system if you're just looking to print tickets, and accept orders. Let me know! 

Square Logo
Isabelle
Square Champions Program Manager

Applications to the Square Champions program are open! Apply here before October 14th!

Message 2 of 3

Hi @isabelle ,

Thank you for your response.  However, EZcater and ZeroCater were only examples, so even if you did have their apps it wouldn't have mattered.  There are no alternatives to these services, I'm not looking for one.  What I'm looking for is how to enter my orders into Square and have them deduct my inventory in Yellowdog, and also print tickets for my staff to work off of.  Printing tickets is secondary, as I can always print out a copy of the invoice, but having them deduct from Yellowdog is a necessity.

When you create an invoice, you add items to the invoice.  Those items need to be deducted from my YellowDog account.  Do you know if that is possible?

An alternative solution if this is not possible already would be to allow custom types in "Other Payment Types".  Ideally custom types would be implemented as that can be applied in a multitude of situations. Not sure why that is not possible right now actually, seems like a no-brainer and an easy thing to implement.

Message 3 of 3