x
Beta Member

Have customer create a custom food order?

Is there a way to have a customer create a customized order for a cookie box? For example, I want customers to choose 3 types of cookie flavors to make a box of 1 dozen cookies at a specific price. So I would want this to show as the Cookie Box as the product with the ability to add custom flavors at the same price. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @rubyellen! The best way to do this would be to make an item called "cookie box" and then add a modifier set that has each cookie type listed. The downside to this is you cannot track the inventory of modifiers, so if that's important to you, the next step would be to crate an automatic discount called "cookie box" that's applied any time 3 items in a specific category are added to your cart (say, 3 cookies in the cookie category).

I hope this makes sense!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you! When I try to do that, it says "We're sorry, but something went wrong." And I can't save it.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

@rubyellen I'm sorry to hear that. Make sure to clear your browsing history and cache, then check your computer for updates before trying again as that sounds like a browser glitch. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4