x

Syncing between online store and dashboard

I have been adding items on and off all day to set up our online store - sometimes via the Dashboard and sometimes via the Online store - and moving between the two data entry pages to add/change various attributes. The syncing between the two databases is haphazard - occurring within seconds or after hours. I still have one item entered on the Online store that simply refuses to sync across although I can access it from the store website. Maybe wait until tomorrow?

Any ideas?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Here we are 16 hours later and cakes have not synced across from online store to dashboard.

Is there anything I can do?

cakes in online storecakes in online store

no cakes in dashboardno cakes in dashboard

Message 2 of 3

Success!

I renamed the item cakes in the online store to cakes2 and saved it. It then quickly appeared in the dashboard (as cakes2). I then went back to the online store and renamed it back to cakes and I now have the original missing cakes item in the dashboard.

Note that I have used this 'trick' several times before in Square dashboard with success when objects have not updated themselves properly. Maybe it creates a new object with the new name and sorts itself out?

cakes in dashboardcakes in dashboard

Message 3 of 3