x

So how do I get music to play on my store website?

I want to play this song

Mr. Blue Sky - Electric Light Orchestra

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuJIqmha2Hk

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Champion

@PotentPoppy You would probably want to use some type of embed code to this.  Something that would look like this

"<audio src="/music/good_enough.mp3" controls>
<p>If you are reading this, it is because your browser does not support the audio element.</p>
</audio>"

The only problem I see is if the music is on youtube they generally won't let something play like this in the background so you may have to embed the player into the website.  I am also not completely sure it would work without having the file locally hosted or hosted as an mp3 somewhere else.  Be careful on copyrights also.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 4

um where would I place the code?

Message 3 of 4
Square Champion

When you go to edit the website go down to "add section" and then look for embed code and that would be where you add custom code to the site.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Champion
Breaker of Things

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 4