x

Pos-Mate Barcode Scanner & Square for Restaurant

Hello

I purchased the pos-mate bluetooth scanner yesterday to use with my restuarant app on my ipad. When I tried to connect it the app is shutting down & I can no longer open it without it closing down again. 

I uninstalled and re-installed and tried again but it continued to do the same thing.

I also have Retail so I tested it using the Retail app and it works fine

Is the barcode scanner not compatible with Restaurant or is there a glitch in the system? I have updated the app also 

I can use Square for Retail but having used Sqaure for Restaurant for so many years I prefer the layout & ease of it

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @DV88 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community to bring this to our attention. I'm sorry to hear that you're having some trouble with your scanner and Square for Restaurants 😞

I reached out to the Restaurants Team and they have confirmed that your next step should be to contact our Support Team so they can file a ticket and get our engineers' eyes on this. They'll need to collect some information about the device you're using in order to file the ticket.

If you haven't already, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here. Thank you!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

Message 2 of 4

I just tried this, and a year later it still doesn't work and still causes app crashes.

https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5143-bar-code-scanners-with-square-point-of-sale

Here you'll find the lines:

"

• POS-Mate Wireless.

• Note: This scanner is only compatible with the Square Point of Sale app."

Square, if this doesn't work, why do you allow us to select it as a connection option from within Square for Restaurants - crashing our systems - and wasting our time?

Why do you allow POS-mate to advertise: "Square Compatibility: Square Stand, Square iOS and iPadOS apps only" WHEN IT ISN'T?

Why?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @kempict,

I understand your frustration, and I'll be raising your feedback with our internal Product and Partnerships Teams. You are correct that the POS-Mate Barcode Scanner is currently only compatible with the Square Point of Sale app and not with any other Square apps, including Square for Restaurants. The confusion likely arises because the device is compatible with most of Square's hardware range, which can be misleading for Sellers using other apps on those devices.

You can confirm whether a 3rd-party device is compatible with your chosen hardware by visiting this page.

Have you seen any information on our platform or POS-Mate's site that confirms the device can be used with the Square for Restaurants app? If so, please include a link to these pages in your reply so I can escalate and amend the information promptly.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4