x
Beta Member

Is anybody else experiencing a Secure Checkout problem?

Suddenly we cannot accept payments from customers via the Square Online Secure Checkout. There is also nobody available on the Square Support Chat or the support phone line. Very frustrating!

Message 1 of 5
2 Best Answers
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Arie, my website is Weebly and the Square checkout process has been working well until this morning. I have just changed the payments collection away from 'Square' to 'Stripe' and that is working now. This is actually the 2nd time I have had a problem with Square payment processing so I hope Stripe is more reliable.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

No problem with SSL and we have made no changes to anything. As mentioned replacing Square checkout process with Stripe has immediately fixed the problem. I suggest Square needs look at the payment gateway integration with Weebly. On further checking it appears that we have not been able to accept orders for several days due to this outage with Square. It's incredibly disappointing that Square are not even aware of the problem and that there is no after hours support to fix it. If I had not decided to attempt the change to another payment processing method (Stripe) then I suspect we would have been unable to accept payments for many days ahead.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Bottega-Italia 

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience! Can you share the checkout link you're using with us so we can test it? 

I'll keep an eye out for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Arie, my website is Weebly and the Square checkout process has been working well until this morning. I have just changed the payments collection away from 'Square' to 'Stripe' and that is working now. This is actually the 2nd time I have had a problem with Square payment processing so I hope Stripe is more reliable.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

This definitely sounds odd! Are you seeing any issues with your SSL, @Bottega-Italia

Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Best Answer

No problem with SSL and we have made no changes to anything. As mentioned replacing Square checkout process with Stripe has immediately fixed the problem. I suggest Square needs look at the payment gateway integration with Weebly. On further checking it appears that we have not been able to accept orders for several days due to this outage with Square. It's incredibly disappointing that Square are not even aware of the problem and that there is no after hours support to fix it. If I had not decided to attempt the change to another payment processing method (Stripe) then I suspect we would have been unable to accept payments for many days ahead.

Message 5 of 5