x

Bug & Feature requests after using both clover and Square Register

Hello,

I’m a user on your new square register and I’d like to submit feature requests as well as report a bug that I’ve come across.

Feature requests:

1. Have an admin feature that forces a customer to be added to a transaction from the beginning that can’t be avoided. One of the biggest problems I have is that employees constantly forget to add the customer before as well as after a sale is complete. I use to be with clover.com and they had an app that could be added on that did this.
  1. When you add a customer to sale it says it’s name for a split second and then it switches to say “current sale”. Employees are not remembering if they added the customer or not because of this which results in further sales not having customers attached.
  1. When you look at a transaction in the iPad app or on square it doesn’t show you who the customer was that is attached to the transaction. You’re required to login to squareup.com and click the transaction to see who the customer is. This is super annoying for quick auditing from the POS.

1. I need the ability to edit or add a note to a completed transaction after the fact. Employees make mistakes, do special deals, and when this happens I’m constantly having to ask after the fact. If there was a note field they could edit on completed transactions this would help drastically.

1. You have to manually type in a customers email to send a receipt even if they have their customer information attached. If the customer was added to the transaction it should auto populate to that email or allow you to select it / edit it vs typing in every single time.

Bug:

This bug only applies to square register…..

If you enable collect information after checkout it will add the customer, but when you login online the customer isn’t there and the collection isn’t saved.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Alumni

Thank you for this feedback @Oxranch. It's incredibly helpful to get this feedback since Register is such a new product. Can you share a little bit more about your business and how you have things set up with your customers for check out? 

I'm going to be looking into this bug that you've reported and provide an update when I hear back.

Also tagging our Product Manager for Register @evandoyle so he can read this too! 

Message 2 of 4
Alumni

Can you also clarify where "there" is in the bug you are referring to? 

Message 3 of 4

Really appreciate your thoughtful feedback, @Oxranch. I will follow up with you directly to better understand the bug you're describing and share some of the upcoming features which we hope will align with your requests. 

Message 4 of 4