x

Availability to export Estimates as PDF

Not sure if this topic is in the right place. It would be nice to be able to export Estimates as a PDF just like Invoices for customers. Majority of my clients would like to print off the document for their own purposes or to show other client colleagues. Does anyone else run into these situations?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Thanks for your post about this, @SPEN, and for the suggestion! One workaround you can try is this:

1. Go to Invoices > Estimates from your Square Dashboard

2. Click on the "..." button on the right for your estimate

3. Choose the share option and copy the link

4. Paste the link into a browser address bar to view the estimate in the browser

5. Use the print option in your browser to print the page, except instead of printing using a printer you print to a PDF. 

Most print dialogs will include an option to save to PDF rather than actually print, so this should get you what you need.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 2 of 3

Yes, ability to PDF and print is very key.   I notice however that the Estimate page is very inefficient in its use of space and even for a single item, it often bleeds over into 2 pages.

SUGGESTION:  Reduce the amount of whitespace at the top of the report so that simple estimates always print onto a single page.  Or even better--give a few optional formats for all the printable reports, Estimates, Invoices, Receipts, etc.

A workaround I use is to print 2 pages up, but then the print is too small to read for some customers, and again, the first page is 70% whitespace. 

I also notice "Estimate Expiration Date"  of "Never" prints--- that is nonsense.  If there is no expiration, then there need be no field printed. Margins at top and sides could be reduced for a form of this nature.

Message 3 of 3