x

Bump, Kitchen Display System (KDS) for Square

Hi everyone! I'm Alex. I wanted to introduce Bump, Kitchen Display System for Square that lets you digitize your kitchen workflow.

You can start free and it takes few seconds to connect with Square and start managing your orders digitally at bumpkds.com 

Watch our video on how to get started.

Alex,

The Bump Team

Orda Success Team
https://www.getorda.com
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 153
2 Best Answers

Best Answer
@cupzcoffeeaz after the trial it starts at $19 per month. You can get a discount if you ask your Square account manager for a promo code!

See the detailed pricing here 
Orda Success Team

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 153
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey there @prace1b 👋

It should work with the Square Register as this is an integration with your Square Account. If you follow @newlinecheckout's link it should show you how to install this on your Android tablet and integrate it successfully with your Square account. 

I hope this information is helpful!

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 100 of 153
152 REPLIES 152
Beta Member

I notice in the video that you aren't using Restaurant POS.  How does this integrate with that Square version?

(I notice because your buttons have pictures and sadly Square For Restaurants doesn't support that)

Message 106 of 153

Hi there! Square For Restaurants is supported. I recommend to do the free 14 day trial at bumpkds.com to see how it works with your workflow!

Orda Success Team
Message 107 of 153

We just started a 2 week free trial. Is there a way to show the order for carry out or dine in?

Message 108 of 153

Hi Joe! Yes, to see carry out or dine in you could add it as an item note. In Bump Settings -> Preferences, you would need to turn on "enable item notes."

Orda Success Team
Message 109 of 153
Beta Member

Hi There,

I was wondering if there we plans to make Bump KDS compatible with Square for Restaurants.  Currently bump does not recognise sales made to Bills (tables) only finalised and paid sales.  As such, Bump KDS does not use the Bill (Table) number on the orders.  Lastly, Bump does not seem to recognise the conversational modifiers feature, so does not apply the ADD / HOLD / ALLERGY to the selected item ( Hold Bacon just appears on Bump KDS as BACON)

Message 110 of 153

Hi @FortressMelb! Bump KDS works with Square for Restaurants for prepaid orders. Currently the order has to be marked paid to show. Square is working on open ticket support. I will share your feedback about the conversational modifiers with the product team!

Orda Success Team
Message 111 of 153
Beta Member

Hey!  Thanks for the quick reply.  This is deal breaker for those of use using Square for Restaurants, as the vast majority of our orders are 'held' on bills (tables).  Amongst all the other KDS add ons for Square I find that Bump has the potential to be the best due to its simplicity, customization and ability to run via Browser. However we wont be able to use until it can handle Bill/Table orders.

Message 112 of 153

Hi there, 

Has there been any progress on this issue? I was quite excited to get started with BumpKDS but our business can not operate without a couple of seemingly minor features: Ticket names/table numbers on the KDS and an order appearing for the kitchen when it is sent, not paid.

Would love an update, this is a long requested feature!

Message 113 of 153

Hello. I'm getting the 10.2-inch iPad for the Square POS. I'm also going to try the Bump KDS. Do I need to get the iPad 'Pro' model for the kitchen or will any new iPad size and model work as long as the operating system is ios13+ ? The literature when trying to find iPads never seems to mention the OS number. Square sells the non-pro 10.2 model as an option when buying the Square Stand so I would think any size and any 'new' iPad with the latest OS system should work?? Thanks

Message 114 of 153

Hi @prace1b for your BumpKDS trial, you can use any iPad (Pro, air or regular). the iOS can be anything later than version 11 meaning that any 10.2-inch iPad will work.

Enjoy and good luck!

Alex

Orda Success Team
Message 115 of 153

Great, thank you!

Message 116 of 153

And unfortunately, I ordered the Square Register before reading that the system appears to work better and with more features if you use the Square POS Stand with an iPad and iPads in the kitchen versus the Register with iPads in the kitchen. So, it looks like I'll be returning the Register and getting the Stand. Thoughts? We're just a small sub shop. Thanks again.

Message 117 of 153

I’m I able to text customer that their “order is ready” from this version (bump)kds?  

your food trucker need this feature.

this feature is found on fresh KDS

Message 118 of 153
Beta Member

Alex, can you please provide a full list of Bump features?  For example, does it display online orders at at appropriate time for making or when they are placed?  Are names displayed for online orders and is it clearly indicated it is an online order? Can you put in names / numbers when an order is placed at the register? Regarding the sounds Bump makes, are there a variety of sounds and if so, can the volume be adjusted.  I have gone to the Bump website and was very disappointed to discover the lack of details.  Thanks!  

Message 119 of 153

Hi Julie! Any online order details sent by Square show and you can see that it's an online order. You can add any additional info you'd like for cashier orders as an item note. You can also set up an incoming order sound from a variety of options. We understand there are many important questions, so there is a 14 day free trial without credit card required at bumpkds.com. This is the best way to see hands on which features are helpful for you!

Orda Success Team
Message 120 of 153
Beta Member

Having to add a name or number to the order as a "note" is a deal-breaker for us.  For big orders we cannot have our kitchen team "looking" for this info.  We would have to have it displayed on the top of the order for effectiveness and effeciency. Additionally, if there is not a screen to "prompt" for this info as the order is rang through, it is very likely it will frequently be forgotten.  We love the fact that it makes a variety of sounds and would welcome the opportunity to have that in our currend Square KDS system.  Looking forward to considering it if further enhancements are made. Thanks for the reply!

Message 121 of 153
Seller Community Mentee

I agree with Julie01 in that I too would like to see a customer name and order type (ie: Online, Dine-In, Pickup, Delivery) at the top of each order on the KDS screens.  I currently have a girl who just broke her hand; with alot of extensive therapy in her future.  I was HOPING to accomodate her by making a shift in our customer flow; turning her into a HOSTESS; by placing her at the start of the customer line with a separate POS Tablet, taking/in-putting the orders as TICKETS.  Then once the soup/salad/sandwich order is complete, at the far end of our counter; the cashier would simply pull up the ticket and check the customer out (cash or Card, Gift Card, etc.).  I will most likely Bump screen at our front Sandwich Bar with a 2nd Bump Screen at our side Made to Order Salad Bar Station; assuring to route our salads to this station.  I am very fortunate to have alot of repeat First Name customers so honestly for us the order type is equally if not MORE important.  I offer in-house delivery for some of my long-term or corporate clients; then let the online delivery orders go thru Doordash.  

I would have to make some quick equipment purchases to set this all up and don't want to spend a chunk of money only to learn that my plan will not work during the 14 day trial.  

If you (or anyone else here in the community) know of any other work arounds; I would be sincerely appreciative.

Message 122 of 153

Hi @jk84mc! Sorry to hear about your team member's hand, hope she feels better soon.What many businesses do is enter one letter for the dining type as an item note. For example, P for pickup, D for delivery). Online orders automatically show as online order. Since you can use any phone, tablet or desktop with Chrome or Safari with Bump KDS, I suggest doing your free trial with an existing device so you can see how it works for you! 

Orda Success Team
Message 123 of 153
Seller Community Mentee

I have an Android tablet that I loaded the app onto; but I've been having to wait on screens to change or buttons to activate.  I am constantly getting popups telling me Square has stopped responding.  The tablet is only 3 years old; but doesn't seem to be able to handle it.  This would only make the flow terribly slow. 

How do I get my Laptop screens to show up like the POS Favorites, keypad, etc like it does on the Stand out at the cash drawer?  I login on my Cafe laptop, my personal home laptop, my husbands laptop, and none of them look like the front register screen.   What am I missing?  Then perhaps I would only need a second receipt printer, so Deb could print the tickets and pass them to the appropriate staff members.  

Just to spice this up for you; Deb also has the beginnings of cataracts in both her eyes.  So she needs something larger than a smart phone screen.  We've been waiting/tolerating this issue for a year now.  Doc says they are not blocking enough of her sight so it's not time to operate yet.  She just went to a new doc last week.  I'm praying she can get them both done while she's re-cooperating from the broken hand.  She has been a very dedicated and dependable employee; so I would really like to make this work somehow.    

Message 124 of 153

Hello I am trying to use KDS on a new iPad we got for the kitchen am I am having trouble. I've tried to add a device and enter the device code and I keep getting login errors. Can you please help me with this?

Message 125 of 153

Hi @Bluecourse ! Can you try this:

1. Go to Safari or Chrome on your IPad.

2. Go to bumpkds.com.

3. Log in.

4. If you still see an error message, please click the settings button -> Preferences -> Support and upload a screenshot of the error you're seeing so support can help further!

Orda Success Team
Message 126 of 153