x
Beta Member

UK Offline Mode

Is there a timeframe for when this will become available?

Using mobile data from a phone's data plan is a good use for when broadband goes down but I had a situation last Friday where we had no connection whatsoever. I only just found out that day the offline mode isn't available here in the UK.

Message 1 of 15
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I just want to follow up on this thread to let you know that offline mode is now available in the UK when using the Square Terminal! You can read more about this feature in our Product Update. We hope to this bring to more devices in the future so please keep an eye on the Seller Community for updates.

If you haven't already, I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 13 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Hi @thecafeguy, thank you for reaching out! This is a very popular feature request and we hope to bring it to the UK soon but in saying that, I don't have an exact date when it will be available right now. I'll check in with our team on this and see if there is any update I can share. 

Out of interests, can you let me know what happened last Friday that caused the no connection message? This will give our team some context as to why we need offline mode. 

Tra | she/her
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

Nothing major, just the wifi dropping out so we had no till connection all day. I had to use my phone's mobile data as a hotspot to be able to use it. Wasn't the till's fault as there's no offline mode so it couldn't connect because there wasn't any wifi at the time.

Message 3 of 15
Admin

Thanks for letting me know, @thecafeguy! I've passed the additional information to our Product team as well. Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with in the meantime. 

Tra | she/her
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

Any update on offline mode? Wanting it as a backup for a busy venue as a backup?

Message 5 of 15
Admin

Hey @Basilbrush17, welcome to the Seller Community! 

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available at the moment but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra | she/her
Message 6 of 15
Beta Member

I had the same scenario but my BT line keeps dropping dead. So i've got Wifi to my local network but can't get out to the internet. Openrach & my ISP are aware of the issue and are working to fix it, but when i'm not on site we have to use our own 4G data from our phones. Not ideal.

Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

any news on when offline mode for register is available in the UK?

Message 8 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @attomnyc

Appreciate you reaching out about Offline Mode on the register for the UK. 

I moved your post to an existing thread that other sellers have been discussing this feature request already. 

I don't have a current update on when this would be implemented, but once more information is available a Community Moderator will post an update. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 15
Beta Member

So the UK Offline mode is here and it's a nightmare. Yesterday we were plagued by erratic internet connection (a feature of when our market street gets exceptionally busy seemingly combined with stormy weather), our back up reader failed to connect after repeated attempts and reinstallation - why??? no idea - so in desperation we tried the Offline mode for the first time. All seemed well until our Square POS reconnected to the internet later in the afternoon (you have 24 hours to make the reconnection) and we discovered that a stack of sales of items already taken away from our shop had then been declined by the customers' banks. Unfortunately no one at Square seems to either understand the system they've set up or be able to help when things go wrong. The Offline mode should come with a big red health warning that you will probably lose money from using it. My advice is: don't go there until Square have declared it fit for purpose and are prepared to take responsibility for losses.

Message 10 of 15
Admin

Hi @HarryBrand, thanks for your message  

Sorry to hear that, this is understandably a stressful situation.

As Offline Mode is still in beta in the UK, I would suggest raising this in the Beta Community or if you'd like please send me a DM so I can get some more details from you. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ
Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

Hi Alegra

I'll do both!

This really needs wider awareness and I hope you can help as the people we've been speaking to on the phone seem unable to do so.

thanks

Harry Brand Ltd

Message 12 of 15
Admin

Best Answer

Hi everyone!

I just want to follow up on this thread to let you know that offline mode is now available in the UK when using the Square Terminal! You can read more about this feature in our Product Update. We hope to this bring to more devices in the future so please keep an eye on the Seller Community for updates.

If you haven't already, I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra | she/her
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

hello I see the note that offline mode is available for square terminal an register BUT not if you have square for restaurants? why is this please?

Message 14 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hey @attomnyc! Thanks for your post.

I don't currently have any information as to why Restaurants isn't available with Offline Mode. I can pass your feedback to our Team as a feature request, as I can see why it would be useful to have Offline Mode for multiple Square Products. 

In the meantime, make sure to check out how Feature Requests work on the Square Community. 

Let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Message 15 of 15