x

Grow my business

Hi I’m Luna ! I’m a small local business owner who is trying to find the customers I need to get on my feet ! But I’m coming to win every day and I’m not going to let anyone ruin that ! I open my own business a couple of years ago but it hasn’t boosted off yet ! So looking to find new ideas to help me get there and find customers! 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

What is the best available way to find my customers

Message 2 of 10
Admin

Can you tell us a bit more about your business @Lunaajasminee98 

Is it in-person, online or both? How does it look at the moment? 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 3 of 10
Square Champion

Social media for starters. FB & IG ad's are affordable. We run Gift Card give aways, and it's been very successful.

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Hey Luna!

Glad to have you in the Community! I wanted to link you to a couple of posts here from other Sellers to hopefully share some good insights with strategies that worked to grow their own business! 

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Artists-and-Makers/Why-haven-t-I-gotten-any-sales-yet/m-p/708008

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Artists-and-Makers/I-need-marketing-and-pricing-advice/m-p/676180

https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Beauty-and-Wellness/What-s-been-the-best-tactic-to-attract-the-BE...

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Square Community
Message 5 of 10
Square Champion

Hey There! 

Saw your intro and discovered you are a cleaning business. That is amazing! 

We are a coffee shop so we don’t have tons of insight on that area but we do see and engage so many people in our own

community every day! 

We actually have a customer who does this and one day gave us her card and we were actually talking about how we really needed to find one for a friend who was looking for someone to clean their house. 

Our advice would be to be in your community and build relationships with other local businesses! This woman frequents our shop so we got to know her and see her personality and were way more likely to choose her than someone we’ve never met before. 

Also we encourage social media and just truly old school hand out your card and introduce yourself to people. 

Also make sure your friends and family have your cards too! 

The best is yet to come! Hope things encouraging to you 🤍 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 6 of 10

I read another comment that said you had a cleaning company.  I would definitely create a social media page on FB and/or IG.  Do some cleaning hack videos (I'm always watching those).  Maybe even some organization videos (Those are big right now as well).  Good luck on your journey.

Jacqueline Mull
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Owner of Uniquely U Anime

Message 7 of 10

Not sure where you are located but the cleaning companies in my area are almost entirely by referral and get the most free advertising in the local facebook mom's/parents groups.. search your area and see if there are any near you?

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 8 of 10

Hi Luna,

Congratulations on your business! Here are a few strategies that might help you attract more customers and boost your cleaning company:

1. Leverage Social Media: If you're not already on social media, consider setting up accounts on platforms like Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn. Share before-and-after photos of your cleaning work, customer testimonials, and cleaning tips to engage your audience. Utilize local hashtags and engage with community groups to increase visibility.

2. Build a Professional Website: A website can serve as a digital storefront for your business. Include information about your services, pricing, contact details, and customer reviews. Make sure it's easy to navigate and mobile-friendly. If you already have a website, consider optimizing it for search engines (SEO) to make it easier for potential customers to find you online.

3. Offer Promotions and Referral Programs: Attract new customers by offering special promotions or discounts for first-time clients. Additionally, a referral program that rewards existing customers for bringing in new clients can be highly effective.

4. Partner with Local Businesses: Reach out to local businesses that may need cleaning services and offer to partner with them. This could include offices, gyms, real estate agents, or event venues. Networking within your community can open up new opportunities.

5. Online Reviews and Testimonials: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews on platforms like Google, Yelp, and your social media pages. Positive reviews can significantly influence potential customers' decisions.

6. Join Local Networking Groups: Participate in local business associations, chambers of commerce, and networking events. Building relationships with other local business owners can lead to referrals and collaborations.

7. Flyers and Direct Mail: Distribute flyers or postcards in your local area, especially in neighborhoods with higher-income households that may be more likely to hire cleaning services. Make sure your marketing materials are eye-catching and include a clear call to action.

8. Email Marketing: If you have a list of current or past clients, send out regular newsletters with cleaning tips, special offers, and updates about your services. Email marketing can help keep your business top-of-mind for your customers.

9. Online Listings: Ensure your business is listed on online directories such as Google My Business, Yelp, and Angie's List. Accurate and updated listings can help potential customers find you easily.

10. Customer Service Excellence: Exceptional customer service can set you apart from competitors. Ensure you and your team are professional, punctual, and thorough. Happy customers are more likely to recommend your services to others.

These strategies can help you gain more visibility and attract the customers you need to grow your business. Best of luck, and keep pushing forward 🙂

Message 9 of 10
Seller Community Mentor

Congrats!  And agree with all the comments here!  After being self-employed in multiple businesses, I would stress the networking and joining the chambers of commerce around you.  Those have been the biggest for me!

Co-Owner/Business Manager
Arctic Heat
R&C Property Management
Event Planner/Business Trainer
Member - Women in HVACR
Member - Women's Leadership Network, Helena
Message 10 of 10