x
Admin

Weekly Wrap Up: August 1st 2024

Hey everyone!

We're back with the Weekly Wrap Up, where we bring you a list of some of our favorite posts that we've found in the Community this week. Take a look and enjoy the latest highlights!

giphy

Question of the Week

Community Corner

Blog

Square Marketing

Square Online

Square Savings

Groups:

Square Readers Book Club

Food and Beverage

Retail and Ecommerce

What were your favorites of the week? Have you seen any other great posts this week that we missed? Leave them in the comments below!

See you next week!

Max Pete
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Seller Community
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Thanks for sharing another great roundup of this week's posts, @maxpete !

Message 2 of 13
Admin

Glad you like them!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 3 of 13
Square Champion

I've been loving the awesome posts by @Bronze_Palms !!!

Dina
Co-Owner Amityville Apothecary
www.shopamityvilleapothecary.com
Instagram | TikTok @AmityvilleApothecary

Podcast: Apothecary After Dark (YouTube & Spotify)
Message 4 of 13
Admin

same here!!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 5 of 13
Square Champion

Just responded to the Copy Cat post. Can't wait to see who else adds insight. 

Lovewell Tea & Coffee//
Ventura, Ca

https://www.lovewellteaandcoffee.com/
Message 6 of 13
Admin

Awesome! Likewise!

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 7 of 13
Beta Member

@maxpete How am I doing? awful. Square keeps pushing us little guys around. You keep moving features around in the menus saying it's for efficiency, but really as an excuse to charge for previously free (and basic) features.

The recent one is moving the coupons from the online dashboard to under marketing. But of course in the process the coupons lost half of their functionality - no setting maximum uses per coupon, no more setting minimum purchase for using coupons.

Seriously every month you make another little change hurting your users. I'm starting to look into some of your competitors because enough is enough.

Message 8 of 13
Admin

@Tommer1 Sorry to hear about your frustrations with Square! I will make sure that this feedback is seen by the relevant product team. Also, if you do have specific production questions, I recommend checking out and posting in the Help area of the community. We also have an area for Product Requests as well. 

Again, sorry for your frustration and hope your pain points get solved 🙏

Max Pete
Seller Community
Message 9 of 13
Beta Member

@maxpete I appreciate your reply and forwarding my comments, however after 5 years working with square I have very little hope that this will change.

For example, users have been asking for automatic welcome email to online subscribers. This is a function so basic I could hardly believe wasn't available. And still after 3-4 years, it is still not available.

After years of frustration over many minor and major changes, every time considering to move to another platform, I think this is the last straw and we will take our business somewhere else.

Message 10 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @Tommer1 ,

I appreciate your feedback and am sorry to hear that our service hasn't met your expectations, especially after five years with Square. I understand your frustration. While we do offer automated welcome campaigns, I acknowledge that specific features may still be missing. Your concerns are valid, and we’re committed to improving. We value your long-term partnership and hope to have the chance to better meet your needs in the future.

Message 11 of 13
Beta Member

Hi @MayaP,

I appreciate that.

Square can show that commitment to improving by not taking away most of the coupons functionality with this recent move.

Without the ability to limit the number of uses and the purchase amount when using coupons, they are just completely unusable. This is a very basic feature that is free on pretty much every other ecommerce platform.

Message 12 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Tommer1,

Thank you for your follow-up. I understand your disappointment with the recent changes to Square coupons and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused your business. I will make sure to provide our team with this feedback. Again I appreciate your input. 

Message 13 of 13